Operation Condor UK Blu-ray

andy338

Curious what version it will be. Mirmaxe seems to be awesome as making sure every regions is stuck with their butcher dub cuts

I quite enjoy the original English dub for this film. Entertainment in Video released it on VHS and DVD. Neither were widescreen, but uncut I believe. According to Amazon, this Blu-ray release will be 86 minutes (US cut with PAL speedup?) and released by...Mediumrare?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Operation-Condor-Armour-God-Blu-ray/dp/B00DJ5N8H0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1375805668&sr=8-2&keywords=operation+condor

muppetdanny
I quite enjoy the original English dub for this film. Entertainment in Video released it on VHS and DVD. Neither were widescreen, but uncut I believe

I have the DVD and it is in widescreen:wink:

I quite enjoy the original English dub for this film. Entertainment in Video released it on VHS and DVD. Neither were widescreen, but uncut I believe. According to Amazon, this Blu-ray release will be 86 minutes (US cut with PAL speedup?) and released by...Mediumrare?

so if it's 86 min how much has been cut?

If its the Miramax cut then that sucks. But, as well, which movie is it really? The titles were reversed over here. So, Armour of God was listed as Operation Condor and vice versa.

I am not sure if it is the Miramax cut, It worth pointing out it seems to be the first one, not the second that is being released. I just did a quick google search and it been release by Mediumrare DVD and they are also releasing as well on DVD/Blu-ray "High Road to China" (Tom Selleck), "Mega Force" and "Robotrix" (source: http://www.nerdly.co.uk/2013/09/09/mediumrare-announce-4-cult-classics-coming-to-uk-dvd-blu-ray/). All of the films are made by GH and now owned by FS, an odd choice of films but it may be it will have the original GH export cut, I think AOG1 was cut in the export version.

Guest Markgway

Armour of God was cut for the export version by about 8 mins.

Operation Condor was uncut... until Miramaxe got their mitts on it.

The Medium Rare cover art is taken from the Dimension release, but I don't know if that means anything beyond laziness. It should be easy to tell given that they cut abut 15 mins from the HK original. If the BD is 105m or so it's the full version.

Secret Executioner
Rubbish cover art posted at Amazon:

81jRcQ8kcFL._SL1411_.jpg

Looks more like a cover art for a bad James Bond knock-off than a Jackie Chan film IMO...

Keung: where does your signature pic come from ? I kinda like it though it's weird. :tongue:

I got this from Love Film today.

It is the uncut HK version 01:46:38. Chinese 5.1, English 2.0 audio with English subtitles.

The Special Features:

2x 3 minute montages (Action & Comedy) of Jackie Chan films, featuring: Police Story 1 & 2, City Hunter, Project A, Armour of God etc.

t77m.jpg

7jsv.jpg

7p8p.jpg

65fp.jpg

l5v0.jpg

f2m6.jpg

eu1t.jpg

ut3g.jpg

865g.jpg

bf12.jpg

1goz.jpg

szhk.jpg

Looks like the same Fortune Star HD master used on the Kam & Ronson/Paramount releases.

I got this from Love Film today.

It is the uncut HK version 01:46:38. Chinese 5.1, English 2.0 audio with English subtitles.

The Special Features:

2x 3 minute montages (Action & Comedy) of Jackie Chan films, featuring: Police Story 1 & 2, City Hunter, Project A, Armour of God etc.

Looks like the same Fortune Star HD master used on the Kam & Ronson/Paramount releases.

So is the dub the original early 90s export version? I've never heard it, myself.

As for the screencaps... they look less painfully obvious that they're upscales, as they don't have the edge enhancement halos most of them do. Perhaps someone could make a custom using the true HD footage from the US bluray, mixed with the uncut footage.

Yes it is the dub that featured on the UK VHS back in the early 90's, and the UK DVD made by the same company, Entertainment In Video.

I have only viewed it on my Laptop so I cannot really say how good the HD video is, will watch it on the Plasma tomorrow and let you know. I am pretty sure that the Kam & Robson Blu-ray was not an upscale...will also check that tomorrow.

French Blu is looking better (35mm Print from France) but it's shorter Theatrical Edit (98 Mins) plus the ugly uncut Fortune Star Version with French Subs.