Bolo Yeung - (Yang Sze)

DragonClaws

1a4ddc2c07a2178ef69d26bfd558499e.jpg

Bolo Yeung in character as Chong Li - in a scene from the classic Martial Arts movie - Bloodsport(1988).

Bolo Yeung - Brief biography by Luke Brown - Last Update: 25/7/21

- "I know what is good for me as an actor. Because of the way I look, that is what I am going to be a success in. I know my place in movies; no matter how good an actor is, if he doesn't know his place in the movies he will never be successful." - Bolo Yeung

- "Why do we always defend? Tai Chi never actively attacks. The art of war says "Retreating when the enemy advances". - Bolo Yeung

The powerful Yang Sze was born on the 3rd of July 1946 in Guangzhou, Guangdong. As a young boy he became interested in Martial Arts, and studied under various teacher's. Becoming a big devotee of Tai Chi, which he continues to practice to this day. Yang Sze would also later develop a strong interest in both Bodybuilding and Power lifting. His best deadlift was over 700lbs. In his late teen's, he moved to Hong Kong in search of a better life. Winning the Mr Hong Kong title multiple times during the 1970s, along with being crowned I.F.B.B Mr Asia in 1975.

Bolo-Yeung885.jpg

After earning a living as a personal trainer during the late 1960's. He used his muscular talents to make a living in the film business. Where his impressive looking physique helped him to get movie roles, playing mostly thugs and heavies. In the Shaw Brothers productions of the late 1960's to the early 1970's. The famous studio had seen media coverage of Yang Sze's first Bodybuilding compitition, and offered him an audition. He would go onto work with Chang Cheh and appearing alongside Shaw Brother's icons David Chiang & Ti Lung, in The Heroic One's(1970), Deadly Duo(1971) and Angry Guest(1972) to name just a few. He also had a substantial role in the 1972 Chen Kuen-Tai movie Man of Iron. Not forgetting the iconic Walter Chang-Chung-Hwa directed King Boxer(1972) a.k.a Five Fingers of Death, that starred Lo Lieh. The first ever Martial Art movie to have global success at the box-office.

One of the biggest movies of the year as well as one of the directors biggest spectacles of his career was the enormous and expensive production of THE HEROIC ONES (1970). A very famous film in Asia, it's still remembered today. It's distinguished for several reasons one of them being the bloated budget of HK2.5million. Unheard of at the time, a gala exhibit showcasing the many props, costumes and even severed body parts and blood jelly used in the film were showcased. Not only that, but a documentary detailing the arduous production was also part of the show. In another bit of movie mogul magic, Shaw Brothers had a 'Heroic Ones' basketball game between the Shaws stable of stars involved in Cheh's picture and the camp at TVB several days before the films release.

Source- http://www.coolasscinema.com/2011/07/cinema-of-excess-chang-cheh-his-films.html

When the late Bruce Lee turned down appearing in a Winston's Cigar commercial. His Game of Death co-star, Karateka and former Mr Taiwan Chieh Yuen, informed him of a possible replacement. Yuen suggested that Winston's should contact his friend and then current Mr Hong Kong, Yang Sze. Mr Lee personally called the young bodybuilder turned actor, and offered him the job. Around the same time Bruce Lee had just started production on his planned fourth movie, titled Game Of Death. Mysteries still surround the possible casting of Bolo in Game of Death and another un-realized Bruce Lee screen project Green Bamboo Warrior.

"Another time Yeung, aka [Bolo] went to see Bruce at Golden Harvest Studios. Bruce was screening a Cassius Clay [Muhammad Ali] documentary. Ali was world heavyweight champion at the time and Bruce saw him as the greatest fighter of them all. The documentary showed Ali in several of his fights. Bruce set up a wide full-length mirror to reflect Ali’s image from the screen. Bruce was looking into the mirror, moving along with Ali.

Bruce’s right hand followed Ali’s right hand, Ali’s left foot followed Bruce’s left foot. Bruce was fighting in Ali’s shoes. “Everybody says I must fight Ali some day.” Bruce said, “I’m studying every move he makes. I’m getting to know how he thinks and moves.” Bruce knew he could never win a fight against Ali. “Look at my hand,” he said. “That’s a little Chinese hand. He’d kill me." Source- Bruce Lee: A Life by Mattew Polly

This Winstons advertisement was filmed at the famous Golden Harvest's Hammer Hill Road studios, in late September 1972.  With Shaw Brothers actor Cheng Lui joining Bolo for filming, on the set of Game of Death. Mr Lee and Mr Yeung would become good friends and training partners. Which would later help Yang Sze land one of his most famous and iconic roles. Giving him one of the biggest breaks, of his movie career to date. When Bruce Lee personally cast him as Han's menancing henchmen Bolo. In the highly sucessful Enter The Dragon(1973), an international co-production between Bruce Lee & Raymond Chow's Concord company and Warner Brother's studios. By the time of his performance in Enter the Dragon, Bolo had built himself up to bodyweight of 195lbs.

Persons involved in the Winston's TV ads: 1) Bolo Yeung, 2) Chieh Yuen and 3) Cheng Lui. Bruce did not film the TV ad as he initially intended to due to his busy schedule. There are 3 parts which were combined and merged into one. What TV viewers saw was the Bruce’s WOTD trailer being inserted into the TV advert.

Source- https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bruceleelivestributeforum/rare-winston-tv-ad-pic-t3788.html

Below- Bolo Yeung(Centre) with Bruce Lee, Robert Clouse and John Saxon, on the set of Enter the Dragon(1973).

2238024102698525179.jpg

"The first time I really met Bruce (..) we were going to have lunch. His car pulled up and in the back seat were Bruce and the reigning Mr Hong Kong (Bolo Yeung), and in the front were Bruce's wife Linda and his secretary. Bruce said “Get in the car,” I say “But there’s no room”, so the secretary gets out, and I get in. I think she’s going to get into Raymond Chow’s car behind us, but she gets back in on my lap!. Then off we go (.. ) - - George Lazenby 

Source- https://www.onthetracksof007.com/the-hong-kong-connection

After the huge international success of the Enter the Dragon. The young Yang Sze changed his screen name to Bolo Yeung. The first time an actors name has been inspired by a on-screen role they played?. He would go on to appear in countless other Hong Kong/Korean/Taiwanese/Japanese/Fllipino productions, right up to until the mid-1980's. Usually playing a powerful villain, who helped to get the screen hero over with audiences.

Bolo was so popular with audiences in the 1970's, post Enter the Dragon. That one U.S movie distributor picked up the Hong Kong production - Freedom Strikes Blow(1973) starring Chan Wai-Man and re-titled it Chinese Herules. Heavily using Bolo's image for the movies trailer and promotional poster's. A young Jackie Chan also served as the films fight choreogprapher. Staging the epic final showdown bettween Chan Wai-Man's stoic hero and Bolo's unstoppable killer for hire.

Some filmakers/producer's would even splice existing Bolo Yeung film footage, into new productions. Just so they could add Bolo's name to the cast list, movie poster or VHS cover. During the late 70's,he directed & choreographed two very contrasting production's of his own, Bolo(1979) & Writing Kung Fu(1979). In his directorial debut, the self titled Bolo(1979), he co-starred alongside actor and Martial Artist Jason Pai Paio. The pair also shared action director duties on this quirky comedy Kung Fu production. Writing Kung Fu was a much darker, serious and brooding movie. That was a stark contrast, to the many Kung Fu comedies that were popular with audiences at the time. Co-starring with long time friend John Cheung, the pair would later appear together in Little Master(1979) and in Double Impact(1991).

"The action design in WRITING KUNG FU was done by me, my brother, and Bolo, who also directed the movie" - John Cheung

Source- https://www.martialartsentertainment.com/john-cheung/

He’s this great screen presence, and he can move, he’s a serious Tai Chi guy and was a real life bodyguard in the 70’s etc, and he can make so much work with just a few words, but I do think he made a great villain more often than as a hero. - Mike Leeder

Source- https://budomate.com/mike-leeder-interview/10/

Spending most of the 1980's making cameos, in mostly family friendly Hong Kong comedies. In 1986 Mr Yeung was approached to act in the Ronny Yu directed Legacy of Rage(1986), starring the late Brandon Lee. In his one and only Hong Kong movie appearance. The powerful actor landed another major role opposite Belgium born Martial Artist/Bodybuilder and business man turned actor, Jean-Claude Van Damme. Playing the crazed-lead villain Chong Li, in the mixed Martial Arts classic and box-office smash-hit Bloodsport(1988). Co-written by long term Van Damme collaborator Sheldon Lettich.

(Below) - Gym time, Jean-Claude Van-Damme & Bolo Yeung pose for the camera between reps.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/71/0c/39/710c399ff5cc5cc5e8e862d90a4bcc70.jpg

Bolo & Van Damme formed a quick friendship on the Bloodsport set. With the pair starring opposite each other for a second time. In the Sheldon Lettich(LionHeart) directed Double Impact(1991). His two classic roles opposite Jean-Claude Van Damme helped him to make the transition from Asian to American cinema. In 1989 Mr Yeung was cast in another underground tournament film. The Yasuaki Kurata & Tokuno Hiroaki produced Martial Arts classic Bloodfight(1989). A Japanese feature that starred Mr Kurata, Meg Lam Kin-Ming and Simon Yam.

Kurata truly made this an international film. Casting includes Hong Kong stars Bolo Yeung, Meg Lam, and Simon Yam; Filipina-American actress Cristina Lawson; American-born Hong Kong actor John Ladalski and Australian-born Hong Kong actor Stuart Smith. What is even more outstanding is that the entire cast speaks English in the film. We are not talking about dubbed English like the old kung fu films of yore. Rather, they speak English themselves and done well. Source- https://worldfilmgeek.com/2018/03/23/bloodfight-1989/

6. One of the more memorable death scenes in Double Impact is when Bolo Yeung’s character Moon is electrocuted. Director Sheldon Lettich admitted Moon’s demise was inspired by Oddjob’s electrocution at the hands of James Bond in Goldfinger. -  Source- https://www.bulletproofaction.com/2019/05/29/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-double-impact/

By the time of his first full blown American production Breathing Fire(1991). A re-make of Shaolin Deadly Kicks(1977), written and directed by Tan Tao Liang. Mr Yeung moved his family from Hong Kong to Carlifornia, where he continues to reside to this day. The powerful and muscular star would continue to play both heroes and villains, in U.S & some Asian productions. Starring in the two Shootfighter films released in 1993 & 1996. Where he worked with William Zabka(Cobra Kai) John Salvitti(Crystal Hunt), Bill Shaw, & Michael Bernardo.

The shootfighter movies featured an iconic octagonal cage for the tournment fight sequences. The shootfighting style of combat was also very popular in Martial Art's media coverage, during the mid-90's. Bolo would met film maker & Martial Artist Jalal Merhi, while filming the Jean-Claude Van Damme actioner Double Impact(1991) in Hong Kong. This would lead to multiple on-screen collaborations between Merhi and Yeung. He would go onto star alongside Martial Arts sensation Cynthia Rothrock, in both Tiger Claws 1 & 2. Other Merhi/Bolo collaboration's include TC2000(1993). Co-starring alongside Bobbie Phillip's, Billy Blanks, & Matthias Hues and Fearless Tiger(1991).

Jalal: I met Bolo in Hong Kong while shooting my first film, than we met again on the set of Double Impact. I was impressed with his personality and ability, and who could forget him after Enter the Dragon and Bloodsport. He is the best bad guy.  - Source- https://budomate.com/jalal-merhi-interview/

Mr Yeung's last major movie appearance being in the still un-released Jalal Merhi production, Blizhy Boy(2007). Starring MMA star turned actor Cung Le. With his last big screen film appearance, being a cameo in Diamond Cartel(2015). While he appears to be semi-retired in terms of his movie career. He's the chairman of the Hong Kong Gy,m Business Association. Along with being the Team Manager of the Tapei International Bodybuilders Squad.

Bolo still remains physically active today. Spending time with his family and training with his son David Yeung. Who alongside his sister Debra Yeung, is also an established and successful Bodybuilder in his own right. Bolo's third son Jacky Yeung, has also found his own success in the equally competitive world of Judo. Bolo was recently honoured on-screen, in the 2019 Shannon Lee produced, Cine-Max series Warrior. Based on an original idea by the late Bruce Lee, actor Rich Ting plays a gang enforcer aptly named Bolo.

The following filmography, is the most extensive one online that I'm aware of?. A big thank you goes out to the teams over at IMDB.COM & the HKMDB.Com. Who did all the hard work for me. Thanks also goes out to all the very helpful and knowledgable members of this forum. Who also have also made a huge contribution to this brief biography/Filmography.

Bolo Yeung: - Filmography (1970 - 2015)

1970's

- The Wondering Swordsman (1970) - (Cameo): Directed by Chang Cheh

- The Heroic One's (1970) - (Cameo): Directed by Chang Cheh

- The Deadly Duo (1971): Directed by Kuei Chih-Hung & Matsuo Akinori

- Call to Arm's (1971): Directed by Shen Chiang

- The Rescue (1971): Directed by Pao Hsueh-Li

- The Lady Professional (1971): Directed by Chang Cheh

- The Oath of Death (1971): Directed By Shen Chiang

- Trilogy of Swordsmanship (1972): Directed by Chang Cheh, Cheng Kang, & Griffin Yueh Feng

- Angry Guest (1972): Directed by Chang Cheh

- Young People (1972) - (Cameo): Directed by Chang Cheh

- Man of Iron (1972): Directed by Chang Cheh & Pao-Hsueh-Li

- Intrigue in Nylon's (1972) - (Cameo): Directed by Kui Chih-Hung

- The Fugitive (1972): Directed By Chang Tseng-Chai

- King Boxer (1972) - (Cameo): Directed by Walter Chung Chang-Hwa

- 14 Amazon's (1972): Directed by Cheng Kang

- The Gourd Fairy (1972): Directed by Kui Chih-Hung

- Enter the Dragon (1973): Directed by Robert Clouse

- Black Guide (1973): Directed by John Law-Ma & Choi Hoon

- Tiger (1973) - (Cameo): Directed by John Law-Ma

- Killer in the Dark (1973): Directed by Chan Tung-Man

- Kung Fu's Hero (1973): Directed by Joseph Kong-Hung

- All Men Are Brother's (1973): Directed by Chang Che & Wu Ma

- The Magnificent Boxer (1973): Directed by Huang Yuan-Shen

- The Greatest Thai Boxing (1973): Directed by Hsu Tseng-Hung

- Chinese Hercules (1973): Directed by Huang Ta

maxresdefault.jpg

- The Karate 2 (1974): Directed by Yukio Noda

- Thunder Kick (1974): Directed by Teddy Yip Wing-Cho

- The Bodyguard (1974): Directed by Chan Tung-Man

- Superior Youngster (1974): Directed by Joseph Kong-Hung

- A Debt of Crime (1975): Directed by Richard Chen-Chun

- He Loved Too Many (1975): Directed by Sung Tsun-Shou

- Hong Kong Superman (1975): Directed by Ting Shan-Hsi

- The Big Family (1976) - (Cameo): Directed by Steve Chan-Ho

- Bruce's Deadly Finger's (1976) - (Cameo): Directed by Joseph Kong-Hung

- Love by Post (1976) - (Cameo): Directed by Chang Mei-Chun

- A Queen's Ransom (1976): Directed by Ting Shan-Hsi

- Divorce Hong Kong Style (1976): Directed by Jeanette Lin-Hsi

- Soul of Chiba (1977): Directed by Chan Tung-Man & Noda Yukio

- Bruce & Shaolin Kung Fu (1977): Directed by James Nam Gung-Fan & Cho Seong

- 10 Magnificent Killers (1977): Directed by Fong Yau

- Deadly Chase for Justice (1977): Directed by Michael Chan-Wai-Man & Luk Chuen

- Enter the Game of Death (1978): Directed by Lam Kwok-Cheung & Choe U-Hyeong

- Mr Big (1978): Directed by Lam Kwok-Cheung

- Bruce Lee The Invincible (1978) - (Cameo): Directed by Law Kei

- Bruce Lee in New Guinea (1978): Directed by Yang Chi-Yao

- Storming Attack's (1978): Directed by Richard Yeun-Kuen

- Amsterdam Connection (1978): Directed by Fan Mei-Sheng & Law Kei

- The Dragon on Fire (1978) - (Cameo): Directed by Joseph Kong-Hung

- The Tattoo Connection (1978): Directed by Lee Tso-Nam

- Bruce Le’s Greatest Revenge (1979) - (Cameo): Directed by To Man-Bo

- Bruce Super Hero (1979) - (Cameo): Directed by Huang Kin-Lung

- Fists, Kicks, and the Evils (1979): Directed by To Man-Bo

- The Dragon, The Hero (1979) - (Cameo): Directed by Godfrey Ho Chi-Keung

- Little Master (1979): Directed by Ho Cheuk-Wing

- Bolo (1979): Directed by Bolo Yeung

- Snake Deadly Act(1979) - (Cameo): Directed by Wilson Tong Wai-Shing

- Invincible Kung Fu (1979): Directed by To Man-Bo

- Writing Kung Fu (1979): Directed by Bolo Yeung

- The 36 Deadly Styles (1979): Directed by Joseph Kuo Nan-Hong

1980s

SvengoolieNewmar on Twitter: "Bolo Yeung and Brandon Lee in Legacy of Rage  (1986).… "

- Master Killer’s (1980): Directed by Wang Hung-Chang

- Bruce King of Kung Fu (1980) - (Cameo): Directed by Daniel Lau Chan-Ting & Huang Kin-Lung

- The Clones of Bruce Lee (1980) - (Cameo): Directed by Joseph Kong-Hung & Nam Gi-Nam

- The Kung Fu Cook (1980): Directed by Wong Chung

- All the Wrong Clues (1981) - (Cameo): Directed by Tsui Hark

- Dragon Bruce Lee Part 2 (1981): Directed by To Man-Bo & Lee Eun

- The Ninja Strikes Back (1982): Directed by Huang Kin-Lung & Joseph Kong-Hung

- Challenge of The Tiger (1982): Directed by Huang Kin-Lung

- The Super Gang (1982): Directed by Wong Siu-Jun

- Just for Fun (1983) - (Cameo): Directed by Frankie Chan Fan-Kei

- Play Catch (1983) - (Cameo): Directed by Lau Kar-Wing

- The Boxer’s Omen (1983): Directed by Kuei Chih-Hung

- Silent Romance (1984) - (Cameo): Directed by Frankie Chan Fan-Kei

- Seven Angels (1985) - (Cameo): Directed by Michael Mak Dong-Git

- Working Class (1985) - (Cameo): Directed by Tsui Hark

- My Lucky Stars (1985) - (Cameo): Directed by Sammo Hung Kam-Bo

- Lucky Diamond (1985) - (Cameo): Directed by Yuen Cheung-Yan

- Lucky Star’s Go Places (1986) - (Cameo): Directed by Sammo Hung Kam-Bo

- The Millionaires Express (1986) - (Cameo): Directed by Sammo Hung Kam-Bo

- Where’s Officer Tuba (1986) - (Cameo): Directed by Phillip Chan Yan-Kin & Ricky KLau Koon-Wai

- Legacy of Rage (1986) - (Cameo): Directed by Ronny Yu

- Killer’s Nocturne (1987) - (Cameo): Directed by Lam Nai-Choi

- Your My Destiny (1987) - (Cameo): Directed by Eric Tsang Chi-Wai

- To Err is Humane (1987) - (Cameo): Directed by Alfred Cheung Kin-Ting

- Blood Call (1988) - (Cameo): Directed by Tung Lo

- One Husband Too Many (1988): Directed by Athony Chan Yau

- Bloodsport (1988): Directed by Newt Arnold

- Bloodfight (1989): Directed by Goto Shuji

1990's

- Magic Force From Highland (1990): Directed by Yu Chik-Lim

- Breathing Fire (1991): Directed by Brandon Pender & Lou Kennedy

- Double Impact (1991): Directed by Sheldon Lettich

- Fearless Tiger (1991): Directed by Ron Hulme

- Tiger Claw’s (1991): Directed by Kelly Makin

- Ironheart (1992): Directed by Robert Clouse

- Shootfighter: Fight to The Death (1993): Directed by Patrick Alan

- TC2000 (1993): Directed by T.J Scott

- Tiger Claws 2 (1996): Directed by J.Stepehen Maunder

- Shootfighter 2 (1996): Directed by Paul Ziller

2000 - Present

- Diamond Cartel (2015) - (Cameo): Directed by Salamat Mukhammed-Ali

Un-Released Movies(1)

- Blizhniy Boy: The Ultimate Fighter (2007): Directed by Erkin Ialgashev & Jalal Merhi

Cut & Splice Movies(8)

Movies that used existing Bolo Yeung footage, edited into a new production.

- Kung Fu on The Bosporus (1974): Directed by Viktor Lam

(The Hong Kong edit uses Newly shot footage of Bolo Yeung, Carter Wong, Chiang Tao, Liu Hok-Ming,

& Chan Ming-Wai. This footage was Filmed in Hong Kong and spliced into the existing Turkish production.)

- Treasure of Bruce Le (1979): Directed by Joseph Kong-Hung

(Features one recycled fight scene, lifted from from Bruce & Shaolin Kung Fu(1977)?

- Blazing Ninja (1980): Directed by Godfrey Ho Chi-Keung

(Uses Bruce Lai/Bolo figh scene from Dragon on Fire(1979)

- The Mad Cold Blooded Murder (1981): Directed by Albert Law To-Bong

(Additional newly shot footage, used for the U.S home video release only.)

- Bruces Ninja Secret (1988): Directed by Joseph Kong-Hung

(Re-Edit of Bruce's Deadly Finger's(1976) & Bruce & The Shaolin Bronzemen(1982)

- Megaforce from Highland (1992): Directed by Yu Chik-Lim

(Takes footage from the movie Magic Force from Highland(1990).

- Fist of Legend 2: Iron Bodyguards (1996): Directed by Robert Tai Chi-Hsien & Chan Tung-Man

(Uses Bolo footage taken from The Bodyguard -1974)

- Tiger Claws III (2000): Directed by J.Steven Maunder

(Archive footage-uncredited)

Fight Choreography(5)   

- The Greatest Thai Boxing(1974) - Collaboration with Fong Yau, Chieh Yuen, San Kui.

- 10 Magnificent Killer's(1977) - Collaboration with San Kui, Nick Cheung-Lik, Fong Yao.

- The Amsterdam Connection(1978) - Collaboration with San Kui, Nick Cheung-Lik, Fong Yao.

- Bolo(1979) - With Jason Pai Paio & Huang Ha.

- Writing Kung Fu(1979) - With John Cheung & San Sin.

T.V Work(6)

- Winston Cigarettes Commercial (1972)

- Fight Dragon (1974) – Episodes 1 & 2

- Code Name 108 Shichi Nin no Ribu (1975) – Episode 6

- G-Men 75 - Episodes 126, 175, 176, 201, 202, 227, 228, 267, 268, 292, 293, 294, 319, 320  (1975)

- G-Men 82 - Episodes 10, 11, 14  (1982)

- Jean-Claude Van Damme: Behind Closed Door's (2011)

- High Score(2020)

Writer(1)

- Bloodfight(1989) - Collaboration with Sawaguchi Yoshiaki

Director(2)

- Bolo(1979)

- Writing Kung Fu(1979)

Documentary Appearances(5)

- Bruce Lee The Man & The Legend (1973) - Golden Harvest

- Location Hong Kong: The Making of Enter The Dragon(1973) - Warner Brother's

- Bruce Lee & Kung Fu Mania(1992) - Video

- Bruce Lee Martial Art’s Master (1993) - Video

- Top Fighter (1995) - Video

Note: some of the older social media and video links in the following thread, may no longer be available.

Related Link's

- The Bolo Yeung Story IMDB Link- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8387520/

- The Bolo Yeung Story Official FaceBook page Link- https://www.facebook.com/boloyeungdoc/

- Bolo Yeung HKMDB Link- http://hkmdb.com/db/people/view.mhtml?id=13138&display_set=eng

- David Yeung Official Facebook page Link- https://en-gb.facebook.com/DAVIDYEUNGBOLO/

- Bolo Yeung Official Facebook page Link- https://www.facebook.com/Bolo-Yeung-1506675429619648/

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 5

Click on the link above, for my full thoughts, on Bruce & Shaolin Kung Fu Part 1, thank you.

Bolo and Kong Do in a scene from Bruce & Shaolin Kung Fu.

BruceAndShaolinKungFu1.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Bolo's last movie appearance(for now) will finally be getting a release in the U.K, U.S & Australia. Originally titled The Whole World At Our Feet the film has been re-titled Diamond Cartel. The film had been shelved for some time but thanks to Shoreline Entertainment and Cleopatra Entertainment it will finally see the light of day in early 2017.

Thanks to Ultimate Bolo Yeung FacgeBook page for this information Link- https://www.facebook.com/Ultimate-BOLO-YEUNG-159579510877559/

Diamond Cartel Facebook page Link- https://www.facebook.com/diamondcartelmovie/

Some stills from the production of the movie featuring the Martial Arts movie icon.

MV5BNjYyOWFmNDgtMTgzNS00ZjI4LWE0OTAtNzY3

MV5BN2E0YmM3MWYtZTA4ZC00MDQyLWI0ODEtN2Q4

MV5BNDQ5OGI2MDctZTdjZi00YmM0LWEwNjUtZmRi

MV5BZTUwZmQ1NDMtZDM4MC00ZWYzLTk4MTktYTQw

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Image-of-Bruce-Lee-1978-In-Hindi.jpg

Re-posted this old review of Image Of Bruce Lee that was lost when the forums went down. Bolo has a supporting role in this crime themed Ho Chung Tao actioner.

For more Bolo related reviews by various talented writers on the Kung Fu Fandom Forums, please click on the link below.

Bolo prepares to teach Jean Claude Van Damme a few lessons in self defense in a scene from Double Impact(1991)

tumblr_mvt8no6y151rbe1pjo1_1280.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, BiggWill1988 said:

I was thinking does anyone know Bolo's workout routines to get bulky. I dont think he ever said what he does.

It wold be nice to know more about this and his powerlifting/bodybuilding career before he came to the states.

• Like 3

O yea i remember seeing this one a few years back. If i ever see what he did before he came to the States/ bodybuilding including the number of sets and reps.  I would do that one 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, BiggWill1988 said:

O yea i remember seeing this one a few years back. If i ever see what he did before he came to the States/ bodybuilding including the number of sets and reps.  I would do that one 

He competed in powerlifting events so deadlifts, squats and bench/standing presses must have been a big part of his rountine at some point. There's a scene in Double Impact 1991 where he lifts an oil barrel, and he clearly practiced powerlifting techniques by the way he lifts it. He grabs either end of the barrel and does a really neat standting press with it. His technique is flawless, and hes clearly done it many times before making the movie.

• Like 4