Bolo Yeung

DragonClaws

Bolo Yeung 楊斯 - Biography & Filmography

Written & Compiled by Luke Brown

Bolo Yeung is a Martial Artist, Actor, Business Man, Bodybuilder, former Power-Lifter & Bodyguard. With a carnage filled filmography that spans over six decades of action cinema. Fighting on-screen around the globe in Canada, China, Korea, Kazakhstan, Japan, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, Holland, New Guinea, Hong Kong to Hollywood. The powerful looking future Bodybuilding champion was born Yang Sze  on the 3rd of July 1946 in Guangzhou, Guangdong a suburb of Canton in China. Better known as Martial Arts actor Bolo Yeung by movie fans around the globe. As a young boy he became interested in both Martial Arts & Boxing, Yang Sze studied Gung Fu under various teacher's and becoming a big devotee of Tai Chi. Something which he continued to study throughout his life.

The muscular future action star even studied gymnastics during his early years living in China. It was during these formative years, that the young Yang Sze would start another lifelong passion. When he developed a strong interest in Power-lifting during his early years in mainland China. Inspired by one of his weighlifting heroes, the late Chinese powerlifter Chen Jingkai (1925 - 2010). Who held 9 records in the world of weighlifting, in the bantamweight and featherweight divisions. Bolo's best deadlift was rumoured to be over 700lbs?. By his late teens he began to take the shape of a bodybuilder. He moved to Hong Kong in search of a better life. Where his weight lifting interests would turn into a passion for Bodybuilding. Winning the Mr Hong Kong title ten times during the 1970s along with being crowned I.F.B.B Mr Asia in 1975, among other weightlifting & bodybuilding achievements.

"I get up at seven in the morning, and train with weights for two hours, I also do some movements to prepare my body for the day, Sometime I play Tai Chi, Yang style. I train six days a week" - Bolo Yeung: Imapct Magazine (1994)

(Photo) Bolo Yeung competing at 1970's Asian bodybuilding show. Here he's performing an impressive front lat spread.

Bolo-Yeung885.jpg

After earning a living as a personal trainer during the late 1960's, Yang Sze used his many talents to make a living in the tough and fast-moving Hong Kong film business. Where his impressive looking physique helped him to get movie roles, playing mostly thugs and heavies. In the Shaw Brothers productions of the early 1970's. According to an interview Bolo did with Wayne Archer, for Martial Art's Illustrated magazine. After Shaw Brothers employees had viewed media coverage of Yang Sze's first major Bodybuilding victory at the 1969 Mr Hong Kong contest. They offered him a contract with the studio.

He would go onto work with Chang Cheh and appeared alongside Shaw Brother's icons David Chiang & Ti Lung, in The Heroic One's (1970). Joining the same talented team for Deadly Duo (1971), Angry Guest (1972), Young People (1972), to name just a few of the 18 Shaw Brothers productions Yang Sze appeared in between 1970 - & - 1983. He also had a substantial/memorable henchman role in the impressive 1972 Chen Kuen-Tai movie Man of Iron directed by Pao Hsueh-Li & Chang Cheh Not forgetting the iconic Walter Chang-Chung-Hwa directed King Boxer (1972) A.K.A Five Fingers of Death, that starred Lo Lieh. The first ever Martial Art movie to have global success at the box-office.

"One of the biggest movies of the year (1970) as well as one of the directors biggest spectacles of his career was the enormous and expensive production of THE HEROIC ONES (1970). A very famous film in Asia, it's still remembered today. It's distinguished for several reasons one of them being the bloated budget of HK2.5million. Unheard of at the time, a gala exhibit showcasing the many props, costumes and even severed body parts and blood jelly used in the film were showcased. Not only that, but a documentary detailing the arduous production was also part of the show. In another bit of movie mogul magic, Shaw Brothers had a 'Heroic Ones' basketball game between the Shaws stable of stars involved in Cheh's picture and the camp at TVB several days before the films release."

Source- http://www.coolasscinema.com/2011/07/cinema-of-excess-chang-cheh-his-films.html

(Image) The Heroic One's (1970) A Halberd weilding General Meng Chieh Hiu (Bolo Yeung), tries to pin down an evasive General Li Tsun-Hsiao (David Chiang).

Bolo-Yeung648.jpg

(Below) Posing for a promotional picture for 1972 Shaw Brothers production The Gourd Fairy, directed by Kuei Chih-Hung.

https://hkmdb.com/db/images/movies/5332/TheGourdFairy 1972-22-b.jpg

When the late Bruce Lee turned down appearing on-screen in the Winston's Cigar commercial. His Game of Death co-star, Karateka and former Mr Taiwan Chieh Yuen, informed him of a possible replacement. Yuen suggested that Bruce Lee & Winston's should contact his friend and then current Mr Hong Kong, Yang Sze. The Martial Arts superstar personally called up the young bodybuilder turned actor, and offered him the job.

- "Bruce called up Bolo. "He said he was planning on doing a Winston cigarette commercial," Bolo says, the next day I went to Golden Harvest to film the commercial"

- "The plan was for Bruce Lee to film a three-minute Martial Arts demonstration, and have it paired with a three-minute weightlifting demonstration from Bolo Yeung" - Bruce Lee A Life by Matthew Polly

Around the same time Bruce Lee had just started production on his planned fourth movie, titled Game of Death. Mysteries still surround the possible casting of Bolo in Game of Death and another un-realized Bruce Lee screen project Green Bamboo Warrior.

Photo- "Shaw Brothers actor Cheng Lui joining Bolo for filming, on the set of Game of Death. "Persons involved in the Winston's TV ads: 1) Bolo Yeung, 2) Chieh Yuen (centre) and 3) Cheng Lui(far right). Bruce did not film the TV ad as he initially intended to due to his busy schedule. There are 3 parts which were combined and merged into one. What TV viewers saw was the Bruce’s WOTD trailer being inserted into the TV advert." Source LJF- https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bruceleelivestributeforum/rare-winston-tv-ad-pic-t3788.html .

Bolo-Yeung375.png

Bruce Lee and Bolo would become good friends and training partners. Which along with his impressive psychical look, would later help Yang Sze land one of his most famous and iconic roles. Giving him one of the biggest breaks of his movie career to date. When Bruce Lee personally cast him as Han's memorable menacing henchmen Bolo. In the highly successful Enter the Dragon (1973), an international co-production between Bruce Lee & Raymond Chow's Concord company and Warner Brother's studios. By the time of his performance in Enter the Dragon, Bolo had built himself up to bodyweight of 195lbs.

"Another time Yeung, aka [Bolo] went to see Bruce at Golden Harvest Studios. Bruce was screening a Cassius Clay [Muhammad Ali] documentary. Ali was world heavyweight champion at the time and Bruce saw him as the greatest fighter of them all. The documentary showed Ali in several of his fights. Bruce set up a wide full-length mirror to reflect Ali’s image from the screen. Bruce was looking into the mirror, moving along with Ali.

Bruce’s right hand followed Ali’s right hand, Ali’s left foot followed Bruce’s left foot. Bruce was fighting in Ali’s shoes. “Everybody says I must fight Ali some day.” Bruce said, “I’m studying every move he makes. I’m getting to know how he thinks and moves.” Bruce knew he could never win a fight against Ali. “Look at my hand,” he said. “That’s a little Chinese hand. He’d kill me." Source- Bruce Lee: A Life by Mattew Polly

Image Bolo Yeung with Bruce Lee, Director Robert Clouse and American actor John Saxon, on the set of Enter the Dragon(1973).

Bolo-Yeung876.jpg

Fiaz Rafiq- Can we talk about the fight choreography pertaining to your fight with Bolo Yeung?

John Saxon- "Once Bolo knocks me down and puts a scissor grip on my neck with his leg, Bruce said, "Bite him! Bite Him!" It was acting, it wasn't real but that was a thing which Bruce introduced. Also, he had somebody doing things that I couldn't do, in some cases doing things he couldn’t do, like that kick where he jumps over acrobat overhead; he didn’t do that, it was done by a Chinese stuntman who was an acrobat. The same guy did the thing when I get back up with a backflip in the fight with Bolo" - Source-Bruce Lee Conversations Book written by Fiaz Rafiq.

(Image) Bolo & Bruce Lee talk Martial Art's on the set of Enter the Dragon.

bolo-yeung152.jpg

"The first time I really met Bruce (..) we were going to have lunch. His car pulled up and in the back seat were Bruce and the reigning Mr Hong Kong (Bolo Yeung), and in the front were Bruce's wife Linda and his secretary. Bruce said “Get in the car,” I say “But there’s no room”, so the secretary gets out, and I get in. I think she’s going to get into Raymond Chow’s car behind us, but she gets back in on my lap!. Then off we go (.. ) - - George Lazenby 

Source- https://www.onthetracksof007.com/the-hong-kong-connection

Due to Yang Sze's connection with Enter the Dragon & the films massive international success. One quicking thinking U.S movie distributor picked up the Hong Kong production - Freedom Strikes Blow (1973) A.K.A A Duel of Harbour, The Kid in Pier. Starring Martial Arts stars Chan Wai-Man, Chiang Feng, Fong, Yang Sze with a minor role from Chiang Tao among others. The American company decided to re-title it Chinese Hercules, giving Yang Sze one of his longstanding nicknames among movie fans. This Hong Kong production was actually released theatrically before Enter the Dragon. The U.S advertising campaign was heavily using Bolo's name/image for the movie’s trailers, T.V spots and promotional posters. A young Jackie Chan also served as the films fight choreographer and worked as a stuntman on the film. Staging the epic final showdown between Chan Wai-Man's stoic hero and Bolo's unstoppable killer for hire. Some filmmakers/producers would even splice existing Bolo Yeung film footage, into new productions. Just so they could add Bolo's name to the cast list, movie poster or VHS cover.

"He’s this great screen presence, and he can move, he’s a serious Tai Chi guy and was a real life bodyguard in the 70’s etc, and he can make so much work with just a few words, but I do think he made a great villain more often than as a hero." - Mike Leeder - Source- https://budomate.com/mike-leeder-interview/10/

U.S Theatrical poster for Freedom Strikes A Blow - (1973).

maxresdefault.jpg

After the  success of the Enter the Dragon the young Yang Sze changed his screen name to Bolo Yeung. The first time an actor’s name has been inspired by an on-screen role they played?. In 1974 he travelled to Japan, to appear alongside Martial Artist & actor Tadashi Yamashita. In Za Karate 2 directed by Yukio Noda where Bolo played the uniquely named villain Dracula Jack. Which kicked of a longstanding cinematic connection with the country. Between 1974 & 1989, the Beast from the East would make a number of Film & T.V appearances in the land of the rising sun. Which all kicked off with the 1974 series Fight! Dragon, later edited into a feature length movie for its international release as Fighting Dragon - (1975). The show was filmed in Japan, Hong Kong, Macau & the Philipines. The two talented stars of the series were Yasuaki Kurata (Black Panther, Legend of A Fighter) & Bruce Leung Siu-Lung (Invincible Kung Fu, The Fists The Kicks The Evils). Yang Sze also acted alongside Japanese action icons, Shiomo Etsuko, Sonny Chiba, & Tadashi Yamashita in the Chan Tung-Man Noda Yukio directed action packed cult classic Soul of Chiba (1977). There's more on Yang Sze's Japanese T.V work later in this write-up. Below, U.S Theatrical poster for the 1982 U.S re-release/re-titling of the highly kinetic Fighting Dragon (1975).

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/36/59/12/36591204a0265c37fee14c9fb9f26370.jpg

Bey Logan: "The fans in England always talks about your 'Not Look' style, where you hit the opponet without watching him. How did you create that on-screen style?"

Bolo Yeung: "I just wanted to invent a style that looked different from what other people did" - Source: Impact Magazine Interview (August 1992)

Bolo Yeung worked with so many of Hong Kong's finest Martial Arts stars during the genres peak years in the 1970's. Working with his friend and fellow weightlifter and Martial Artist Chiu Chi-Ling in Bruce Lee in New Guinea (1978). Sammo Hung & Carter Wong while filming Hong Kong Superman (1975), Phillip Ko-Fei, Bruce Leung Siu-Lung & Ku Feng - Fists The Kicks and the Evils (1979), Angela Mao, George Lazenby & Jimmy Wang Yu - A Queen's Ransom (1976), Chan Sing, Tan Tao Liang, Jim Kelly - The Tattoo Connection (1978), Yuen Biao (Extra) - Superior Youngster (1974), Chan Wai-Man, Fong Yau Chinese Hercules (1973) Larry Lee - The Thunder Kick (1973), Hwang Jang-Lee in 36 Deadly Styles (1978) Challenge of The Tiger (1980), Chiang Chen - Invincble Kung Fu (1979), to name a just a handful of the films and people Bolo has worked with during his long career. Randomly, Chiang Tao, Fong Yau, Huang Kin-Lung, & Frankie Chan Fan-Kei are four Martial Arts actors who might share the honor of appearing alongside Bolo Yueng the most?. The former power lifter would also go on to appear in countless other Hong Kong/Korean/Taiwanese/Filipino productions right up to until the mid-1980's. Usually playing a cold-hearted Mr Universe styled villain, who helped to get the screen hero over with audiences. Bolo would also become heavily connected to the Bruceploitation movie sub-genre, that sprang up in the early 70's. Here's just a few of the Bruceploitation films the former Mr Hong Kong has shown up in. Appearing alongside Ho Chung-Tao (Bruce Li) in - Storming Attack's (1978), Bruce Le  Huang Kin-Lung (Bruce Le) - in Bruce King of Kung Fu (1979) & Dragon Lee - in Dragon: Bruce Lee Part 2 (1981).

Bolo fights cast member Chan Wai-Man in a scene from cult Bruceploitation movie Bruces Deadly Finger's - (1976), starring Lo Lieh, Huang Kin-Lung, & Cheung Nik.

Bolo1.jpg

Hon Kwon-Choi (Chow) far left & To (Bruce Leung Siu-Lung), fight with Master Kao (Bolo Yeung) in Invincible Kung Fu (1979), directed by To Man-Bo.

bolo-yeung159.jpg

Raj Khedun - "What are some of  your top kung-fu and other movies?"

David Yeung -Drunken Master, “Shaolin Temple”, “Fist of Fury”, “Way of The Dragon”, “Enter the Dragon”, “Snake In The Eagles Shadow”, “Project A”, “Bloodsport”, “Sha Po La”, (“Kill Zone”), "Game of Death" and “Kung Fu Hustle”.  (Actually, Bruce Leung who played one of the baddies fighting Steven Chow at the end of the movie, had fought my dad before -he’s a great martial artist, a real street fighter too!) source- https://kungfukingdom.com/interview-david-yeung/

(Image) Bolo Yeung faces Huang Kin-Lung A.K.A Bruce Le, during his guest appearance in Bruce King of Kung Fu (1980). They appeared in ten movies together, with the Burmese born Martial Arts star fighting him five different times on-screen.

https://www.36styles.com/kungfufandom/uploads/monthly_2017_01/YBL120.thumb.jpg.92d88d0d77ca97cde711a3b84a0405fe.jpg

During the late 70's he would direct & choreograph two very contrasting productions of his own Bolo  & Writing Kung Fu  both released in (1979). The zany self-titled Kung Fu comedy Bolo, where he co-starred alongside Actor and Martial Artist Jason Pai Paio. Bolo & Paio also shared action director duties on this quirky comedy Kung Fu production. The pair who had previously worked on the movie set of the Lam Kwok-Cheung directed crime flick Mr Big (1978). Bolo's directorial debut Writing Kung Fu was a much darker, serious and brooding movie. That was a stark contrast to the many Kung Fu comedies that were popular with audiences at the time. Co-starring with long-time friends Chiang Cheng (The Fists The Kicks The Evils) & John Cheung who played a thug in Freedom Strikes A Blow A.K.A Chinese Hercules. The pair would work together again in Chansploitation film Little Master (1979) and later on the set of the Jean-Claude Van Damme classic Double Impact (1991). There are different versions of this movie, and it would be great to see it get a restored HD release one day.

"My little brother, Johnny Cheung, is in this movie with me and Bolo. He was also an action choreographer for Jackie Chan and was a stunt double doing dangerous scenes for Jackie and other actors. The action design in WRITING KUNG FU was done by me, my brother, and Bolo, who also directed the movie" - John Cheung

Source- https://www.martialartsentertainment.com/john-cheung/

bolo-yeung52.jpg

(Below) Bolo Yeung (right) at the gym with his friend & sometimes stunt double, fellow Bodybuilder & Martial Arts actor Lee Chun-Wa during the 70's.

https://www.36styles.com/kungfufandom/uploads/monthly_2021_12/Bolo-Yeung846.jpg.a38c597cf2bbbef5e1eb5090b7a26658.jpg

Spending most of the 1980's making cameos in mostly family friendly Hong Kong comedies. In 1986 Bolo Yeung was approached to act in the Ronny Yu directed Legacy of Rage (1986), starring the late Brandon Lee. In his one and only Hong Kong movie appearance. Then in 1987 the powerful actor landed a major role opposite Belgium born Martial Artist/Bodybuilder and business man turned actor, Jean-Claude Van Damme. Playing the crazed-lead villain Chong Li, in the mixed Martial Arts classic and internatioanl box-office smash-hit Bloodsport (1988). Co-written by long term Van Damme collaborator Sheldon Lettich (Rambo 3, Max). Bolo & Van Damme formed a quick friendship on the Bloodsport set that still lasts to this day. It was Bloodsport that would help bring Bolo back to the attention of audiences around the world.

"I know what is good for me as an actor. Because of the way I look, that is what I am going to be a success in. I know my place in movies; no matter how good an actor is, if he doesn't know his place in the movies he will never be successful." - Bolo Yeung

(Photo) Bolo Yeung in character as Chong Li in a scene from the classic Martial Arts movie Bloodsport (1988).

1a4ddc2c07a2178ef69d26bfd558499e.jpg

Raj Khedun- "Bolo also worked as a villain in several Jean-Claude Van Damme movies such as the quintessential aggressive heavyweight Korean fighter ‘Chong Li’ in “Bloodsport”, and “Double Impact”, what stories can you relate from those exciting times working with JCVD and in the 80’s and 90’s action movies in general?

David Yeung- "Yes, I remember those well.  I was around 12 years old at the time of “Bloodsport”, I saw how they filmed those movies as I was there on set.  I first met JCVD when they did the kumite scene, my dad took me to the studio so I saw the training for it.  It was such a good experience and after shooting finished Jean-Claude invited my family to dinner with him.  That’s how I got to know him a little more.   Most of the time he was talking about movies, he’s a very active and energetic person.  I was new to bodybuilding around that time and I remember watching him work out, (he had an Olympic bar and dumbbells in his room) whilst talking with my father.  His physique impressed me which only served to encourage me further to get in great condition. So the training example is what I took from him,  Jean-Claude Van Damme is such a nice guy!" Source- https://kungfukingdom.com/tag/david-yeung/

(Image) - Gym time, Jean-Claude Van-Damme & Bolo Yeung pose for the camera between reps.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/71/0c/39/710c399ff5cc5cc5e8e862d90a4bcc70.jpg

Image The kumite final, reigning champion Chong Li (Bolo Yeung) vs Frank Dux (Jean-Claude Van Damme) in Bloodsport (1988).

bolo-yeung142.jpg

In 1989 the former ten time Mr Hong Kong was cast in another underground tournament film, the Yasuaki Kurata & Tokuno Hiroaki produced Martial Arts cult classic Bloodfight. A Japanese feature filmed in Hong Kong and directed by Goto Shuji, that starred Yasuaki Kurata, Meg Lam Kin-Ming, and Simon Yam. "Kurata truly made this an international film. Casting includes Hong Kong stars Bolo Yeung, Meg Lam, and Simon Yam; Filipina-American actress Cristina Lawson; American-born Hong Kong actor John Ladalski and Australian-born Hong Kong actor Stuart Smith. What is even more outstanding is that the entire cast speaks English in the film. We are not talking about dubbed English like the old kung fu films of yore. Rather, they speak English themselves and done well." Source- https://worldfilmgeek.com/2018/03/23/bloodfight-1989/ .

(Image) Chong Lee (Bolo Yeung) the crazed older brother of Chong Li, takes to the air in a scene from the action packed Bloodfight (1989).

https://www.imago-images.com/bild/st/0098871650/s.jpg

V5: This is amazing, John. You've met or worked with virtually everybody in martial arts films.
John Ladalski: Pretty much every martial artist in modern times so to speak. I also did some work on a Japanese TV series shot in Hong Kong called G-MEN '75 (1975-1982) with Yasuaki Kurata. I later worked with Kurata and Bolo on BLOODFIGHT in 1989. Source- http://www.coolasscinema.com/2015/12/cool-ass-cinema-presents-interview-with.html

This wouldn't be the first time Kurata & Yeung worked on a production together. It was fellow actor & Martial Artist Yasuaki Kurata who helped to get Bolo Yeung cast in the first two episodes of the short lived Japanese T.V show Fight! Dragon. That premeired on the 4th of July 1974 and ran for just twenty six episodes. Five episodes from this production were cobbled together, for its 1975 release in U.S cinemas under the title Fighting Dragon A.K.A Fighting Dragon VS Deadly Tiger. "After appearing in two high profile Japnese series Fight! Dragon (where he invited Bolo Yeung to appear as he took the lead)" source- https://books.google.co.uk/books. Kurata would also help the former Mr Hong Kong land recurring roles in the long running popular prime time Japanese crime/drama series - G-Men '75.  This Toei produced show ran for seven years with Bolo acting in 18 of the 355 episodes. Shown in 45-minute installments on internatioanl T.V between 24th of May 75 to 27 March 1982. Having a showdown with fellow Hong Kong Martial Artist and Bodybuilder Lee Hoi-Sang in one episode from the late 70's. He was then invited to come back for three more epsiodes in the revived version of the show G-Men'82, which ran between 3rd October 1982 to 13th of March 1983.

"Speaking of Bolo, I mentioned earlier I had only ever been killed on-screen once, he was the culprit! It was for a Japanese T.V show called G-Men '75, I was playing a C.I.A Agent and I was lured into a trap where Bolo & I fought" - Randy Channell Soie: Source- http://clonesofbrucelee.info/randy-channell-soei/

(Image) Actors Ysuaki Kurata with Bolo Yeung during just one of his many appearances on the G-Men '75 T.V series.

Bolo-Yeung479.jpg

Following the huge career changing success of international box-office hit Bloodsport (1987). Bolo Yeung moved his family to California in the United States. With the help of close family friend and fellow bodybuilder Flex Wheeler. The first American movie The Beast from the East appeared in was the independent feature Breathing Fire (1991) A.K.A Kung Fu Cops. Starring Kickboxing Legend turned actor Jerry Trimble (Heat, Stranglehold)) & Ke Huy Quan (Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom, Goonies).  It's a tongue in cheek re-make of Shaolin Deadly Kicks (1977), written and directed by Hong Kong Martial Arts star Tan Tao Liang. Who also produced this movie and personally approached Bolo to appear in the re-make, directed by Lou Kennedy, and starring Brandon Pender & Brandon De-Wilde.

- HKCinemagic : "In Breathing Fire, you had the occasion to work with 2 other personalities linked to HK cinema, Bolo Yeung (famous for his participation in Enter the Dragon and some Jean-Claude Van Damme's movies as Bloodsport) and Jonathan Ke Quan (currently working in Yuen Woo Ping's team). What were your impressions on them?"

- Jerry Trimble : "I became friends with both Bolo and Jonathan. They were exceptional to work with. Bolo was a very funny guy. Jonathan was like a little brother. Very talented guys"

Source- http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/page.asp?aid=250&page=7

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNzEwYTA4ZjktODBlYy00OTA4LTg4YTYtNDQ3ZGI1MDE2NTI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjAxMjEzNzU@._V1_.jpg

Jean-Claude Van Damme & Bolo Yeung would re-unite a second time for their classic movie re-match. When Bolo played the scar faced killer Moon in the Sheldon Lettich Directed/scripted action classic Double Impact (1991). Sheldon Lettich (Rambo 3, Max) helped to create one of Bolo most memroable roles, when he created the crazed Moon character. His two classic movie appearances opposite Jean-Claude Van Damme helped Bolo to make the transition from Asian to American cinema.

- "One of the more memorable death scenes in Double Impact is when Bolo Yeung’s character Moon is electrocuted. Director Sheldon Lettich admitted Moon’s demise was inspired by Oddjob’s electrocution at the hands of James Bond in Goldfinger". : Source - https://www.bulletproofaction.com/2019/05/29/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-double-impact/ .

Review: Double Impact (1991)

9Image) Bolo Yeung with his son Jacky and Sheldon Lettich, on the set of Double Imapct.

Bolo-Yeung523.png

Fellow Filmmaker & Martial Artist Jalal Merhi, met Bolo Yeung while he was filming the Jean-Claude Van Damme actioner Double Impact (1991) in Hong Kong. This meeting would lead to multiple on-screen collaborations between Merhi and Yeung. The first of these creative collaborations was the Ron Hulme directed Fearless Tiger (1991). He would also go onto star twice alongside Martial Arts sensation Cynthia Rothrock in both Tiger Claws 1 (1991) & Tiger Claws 2 (1996). Not forgetting the Sci-Fi Martial Arts flick the T.J Scott Directed TC2000 (1993), starring alongside Bobbie Phillip's, Billy Blanks, & Matthias Hues. The pairs last project Blizhny Boy made in 2007 which still remains incomplete & unreleased. This rare good guy role as Askar (trainer) marked Mr Yeung's last major movie role. The production featured former UFC fighter turned actor Cung Le in the lead role. With Eric Roberts, Gary Busey, Richard Chavez & Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa.

- "Jalal Merhi: I met Bolo in Hong Kong while shooting my first film, than we met again on the set of Double Impact. I was impressed with his personality and ability, and who could forget him after Enter the Dragon and Bloodsport. He is the best bad guy."  - Source- https://budomate.com/jalal-merhi-interview/

(Below) Jalal Merhi meets Bolo Yeung his son Jacky Yeung & Jean-Claude Van Damme, on the set of the Sheldon Lettich directed Double Impact.

Bolo-Yeung1043.jpgBolo-Yeung1044.jpg

(Below) Billy Blanks, Matthias Hues, Jalal Merhi & Bolo Yeung TC2000 (1993) promotional picture.

Bolo-Yeung1023.jpg

The powerful, agile and muscular star would continue to play both heroes and mostly villains, in both U.S & Asian productions during the early 90's. In 1993 he starred as a good guy Shingo, in the first Shootfighter film directed by Patrick Alan. Where Bolo worked with William Zabka (Cobra Kai) John Salvitti (Crystal Hunt), & Michael Bernardo. In 1996 he would join his co-stars for a sequel directed by Paul Ziller, which also featured Bill Shaw among the impressive cast of Martial Artists. There were plans for a third movie creating a trilogy but it’s a sadly a film project that never got off the ground. Both of the Shootfighter films featured an iconic octagonal cage for the tournament fight sequences. The shootfighting style of combat was also very popular in Martial Art's media coverage, during the mid-90's.

"I wouldn’t imagine Bolo to have much trouble in a scuffle. I mean, have you seen the size of his chest and arms? And let me tell ya, the dude is solid!" - Bill Shaw

Source: Enter the Shootfighter: memories about Bolo Yeung (exclusive)

Link- https://bzfilm.com/talks-interviews/enter-the-shootfighter-memories-about-bolo-yeung-exclusive/

(Image) - John Salvitti, Bolo Yeung, & Bill Shaw on the set of Shootfighter 2.

https://bzfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/SF-2-John-Salvitti-Bolo-Shaw.jpg

"I get the sense that RZA wanted another co-star, wrestler Dave Bautista, to be his own Bolo Yeung, which just isn't possible. But I still got a kick out of Bautista playing the Shaw Brothers version of Colossus from the X-Men." Source- https://www.slashfilm.com/523122/the-man-with-the-iron-fists-review-rza-pours-a-lifetime-of-martial-arts-fandom-into-a-bloody-mixtape-movie/

"The movie Enter the Dragon (1973) influenced the famous video game Mortal Kombat (1992), and, by extension, this movie adaptation. Many scenes in the first Mortal Kombat (1995) movie are almost identical to Enter The Dragon. For example, the similarity of Bolo and Goro characters, the fight scene with the Roper/Johnny Cage character and even the finale of this fight are almost the same. Other similarities include the characters of Bruce and Liu Kang, who wants to join the tournament to avenge his brother's death. The resemblance between villain Han and Shang Tsung is also striking. In both films, fighters from various parts of the world come to a secret place for the tournament." source- https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0113855/trivia/?ref_=tt_ql_trv

The Beast from the East last movie appearance was a short cameo/fight scene in Diamond Cartel (2015). While he appears to be semi-retired in terms of his movie career. He's the chairman of the Hong Kong Gym Business Association. Along with being the Team Manager of the Taipei International Bodybuilders Squad. Bolo still remains physically active spending time with his family and training with his daughter Debra Yeung & son David Yeung. Who are both established and successful Bodybuilders in their own right? Bolo's third son Jacky Yeung, has also found his own success in the equally competitive world of Judo. Bolo was honoured on-screen in the 2019 Shannon Lee produced, Cine-Max series Warrior. Based on an original idea by the late Bruce Lee, actor Rich Ting plays a gang enforcer aptly named Bolo. He is currently rumoured to be appearing in Jean-Claude Van Damme last Martial Art's movie titled What's My Name?, with Dolph Lundgren & Michel Qissi attached.

"Long time gym friend Bolo Jr @2bolojr .We train many years in the same gym and i always was fascinated by Bolo Sr who played to villain in Bruce Lee movie Enter the Dragon. Blessings to father & son,you’re work ethic,i have great respect for,i send my blessings to Bolo Sr & Bolo Jr "- Mickey Rourke

TxT/Image/Source- https://www.instagram.com/mickey_rourke_/p/CY8MM5XrHNX/...

Bolo-Yeung1054.jpg

Writer Dave Cater stated in the introduction to his September:1993 Bolo Yeung Interview for Inside Kung Fu Magazine. That the actor had actually appeared in 150 movies to be exact.?. The following conflicting excerpt is from a 1993 edition of Martial Arts Illustrated magazine.

Wayne Archer: How Many Movies have you made?

Bolo Yeung: Oh, I cannot remember, so many!

Listed below are 131 combined Bolo Yeung movie and T.V roles/cameos, with 102 film & 21 T.V appearances spread between The Heroic Ones (1970) to Diamond Cartel (2015). The list drops down from 131 to 123 original acting roles, if you exclude eight of the phony cut & splice cameos that are listed in the last part of the filmography section. The cut & splice movies of the late 70's, 80's and 90's simply re-used the existing movie scenes. It was common practice for this kind of thing to happen in Exploitation films from past decades of world cinema. Taking old footage of a well-known actor and then re-editing it into a whole new movie. This can really confuse matter's when it comes to compiling any kind of genuine filmography.

Bolo Yeung With Yasuaki Kurata in a scene from Fight! Dragon (1974) re-issued theatrically as Fighting Dragon/Call Me Dragon.

Bolo-Yeung433.jpg

There’s also a lot of other conflicting information, when it comes to getting an accurate list of films. I've included some of the A.K.A titles for all these patchwork movies. New, footage with Bolo Yeung was filmed for both Ninja Killer (1981) & the American VHS release of The Mad Blooded Murder (1981). Which means these odd exceptions qualify as two original acting roles, because the footage wasn't just simply recycled from an older movie. I've also included the unreleased 2007 movie Blizhniy Boy: The Ultimate Fighter Directed by Erkin Ialgashev & Jalal Merhi in my final count/final tally of films.

"I've made many, many films as an actor, and I have both directed and produced kung fu movies. Mainly kung fu comedies" - Bolo Yeung - Source: The Bolo Interview - Part 2 by Bey Logan (September 1992 Issue of Impact Magazine).

When it came to putting together the list of movie titles the IMDB.Com & the HKMDB.Com, did most of the work for me. Those sites also provide additional cast and crew listings among other production trivia. For those interested, the IMDB.COM Bolo filmography currently consists of 112 movies, the HKMDB.Com lists 92 movies & HKcinemagic.Com lists 80 movies. I've combined films from all of them with some minor changes and new additions. Thanks goes out to all the very helpful and knowledgeable members of this forum. Who have also contributed to this work, thanks also goes out to all the Websites & people that have shared any Bolo Yeung related content online.

Bolo-Yeung387.jpg

Filmography  1970 - 2015

1970 - 1979

- The Wondering Swordsman (1970) - (Cameo) - Directed by Chang Cheh

- The Heroic One's (1970) - (Cameo) - Directed by Chang Cheh

- The Deadly Duo (1971) Directed by Kuei Chih-Hung & Matsuo Akinori

- Call to Arm's (1971) Directed by Shen Chiang

- The Rescue (1971) Directed by Pao Hsueh-Li

- The Lady Professional (1971) Directed by Chang Cheh

- The Oath of Death (1971) Directed By Shen Chiang

- Trilogy of Swordsmanship (1972) Directed by Chang Cheh, Cheng Kang, & Griffin Yueh Feng

Note: Bolo Yeung plays duel good guy/bad guy roles in this three part story.

- Angry Guest (1972) Directed by Chang Cheh

- Young People (1972) - (Cameo) - Directed by Chang Cheh

- Man of Iron (1972) Directed by Chang Cheh & Pao-Hsueh-Li

- Intrigue in Nylon's (1972) - (Cameo) - Directed by Kui Chih-Hung

- The Fugitive (1972) - (Cameo) - Directed By Chang Tseng-Chai

- King Boxer (1972) - (Cameo) - Directed by Walter Chung Chang-Hwa

- 14 Amazon's (1972) - (Cameo) - Directed by Cheng Kang

- The Gourd Fairy (1972) Directed by Kui Chih-Hung

- Black Guide (1973) Directed by John Law-Ma & Choi Hoon

- Tiger (1973) - (Cameo) - Directed by John Law-Ma

- Killer in the Dark (1973) Directed by Chan Tung-Man

- Kung Fu's Hero (1973) Directed by Joseph Kong-Hung

- The Magnificent Boxer (1973) Directed by Huang Yuan-Shen

- The Greatest Thai Boxing (1973) Directed by Hsu Tseng-Hung

- Superior Youngster (1973) Directed by Joseph Kong-Hung

- Chinese Hercules (1973) Directed by Huang Ta

- Enter the Dragon (1973) Directed by Robert Clouse

- All Men Are Brother's (1973) Directed by Chang Che & Wu Ma

- The Karate 2 (1974) Directed by Yukio Noda

- Thunder Kick (1974) - (Cameo) - Directed by Teddy Yip Wing-Cho

- The Bodyguard (1974) Directed by Chan Tung-Man

- A Debt of Crime (1975) Directed by Richard Chen-Chun

- He Loved Once Too Many (1975) -Directed by Sung Tsun-Shou

- Hong Kong Superman (1975): - Directed by Ting Shan-Hsi

- The Big Family (1976): - (Cameo) Directed by Steve Chan-Ho

- Bruce's Deadly Finger's (1976) - (Cameo) - Directed by Joseph Kong-Hung

- Love by Post (1976) - (Cameo) - Directed by Chang Mei-Chun

- A Queen's Ransom (1976) Directed by Ting Shan-Hsi

- Divorce Hong Kong Style (1976) Directed by Jeanette Lin-Hsi

- Soul of Chiba (1977) Directed by Chan Tung-Man & Noda Yukio

- Bruce & Shaolin Kung Fu (1977) Directed by James Nam Gung-Fan & Cho Seong

- 10 Magnificent Killers (1977) Directed by Fong Yau

- Deadly Chase for Justice (1977) Directed by Michael Chan-Wai-Man & Luk Chuen

- Enter the Game of Death (1978) Directed by Lam Kwok-Cheung & Choe U-Hyeong

- Mr Big (1978) Directed by Lam Kwok-Cheung

- Bruce Lee The Invincible (1978) - (Cameo) - Directed by Law Kei

- Bruce Lee in New Guinea (1978) Directed by Yang Chi-Yao

- Storming Attack's (1978) Directed by Richard Yeun-Kuen

- Amsterdam Connection (1978) Directed by Fan Mei-Sheng & Law Kei

- The Dragon on Fire (1978) - (Cameo) - Directed by Joseph Kong-Hung

- The Tattoo Connection (1978) Directed by Lee Tso-Nam

- Bruce Le’s Greatest Revenge (1979) - (Cameo) - Directed by To Man-Bo

- Bruce Super Hero (1979) - (Cameo) - Directed by Huang Kin-Lung

- Fists, Kicks, and the Evils (1979) Directed by To Man-Bo

- The Dragon, The Hero (1979) - (Cameo) - Directed by Godfrey Ho Chi-Keung

- Little Master (1979) Directed by Ho Cheuk-Wing

- Bolo (1979) Directed by Bolo Yeung

- Snake Deadly Act (1979) - (Cameo) - Directed by Wilson Tong Wai-Shing

- Invincible Kung Fu (1979) Directed by To Man-Bo

- Writing Kung Fu (1979) Directed by Bolo Yeung

- The 36 Deadly Styles (1979) Directed by Joseph Kuo Nan-Hong

- Crystal Fist (1979) Directed by Hua Shan

Note: BoloYeung only appeared in some rare 16mm prints of Crystal Fist.

1980 - 1989

(Below) With Bruce Lee's son Brandon Lee in a cameo scene from the Ronny Yu directed Legacy of Rage (1986).

SvengoolieNewmar on Twitter: "Bolo Yeung and Brandon Lee in Legacy of Rage  (1986).… "

- Master Killer’s (1980) Directed by Wang Hung-Chang

- Bruce King of Kung Fu (1980) - (Cameo) - Directed by Daniel Lau Chan-Ting & Huang Kin-Lung

- The Clones of Bruce Lee (1980) - (Cameo) - Directed by Joseph Kong-Hung & Nam Gi-Nam

- The Kung Fu Cook (1980) Directed by Wong Chung

- All the Wrong Clues (1981) - (Cameo) - Directed by Tsui Hark

- Dragon Bruce Lee Part 2 (1981) -Directed by To Man-Bo & Lee Eun

- The Ninja Strikes Back (1982) Directed by Huang Kin-Lung & Joseph Kong-Hung

- Challenge of The Tiger (1982) Directed by Huang Kin-Lung

- The Super Gang (1982) Directed by Wong Siu-Jun

- Just for Fun (1983) - (Cameo) - Directed by Frankie Chan Fan-Kei

- Play Catch (1983) - (Cameo) - Directed by Lau Kar-Wing

- The Boxer’s Omen (1983) - (Cameo) Directed by Kuei Chih-Hung

- Silent Romance (1984) - (Cameo) - Directed by Frankie Chan Fan-Kei

- Seven Angels (1985) - (Cameo) - Directed by Michael Mak Dong-Git

- Working Class (1985) - (Cameo) - Directed by Tsui Hark

- My Lucky Stars (1985) - (Cameo) - Directed by Sammo Hung Kam-Bo

- Lucky Diamond (1985) - (Cameo) - Directed by Yuen Cheung-Yan

- Lucky Star’s Go Places (1986) - (Cameo) - Directed by Sammo Hung Kam-Bo

- The Millionaires Express (1986) - (Cameo) - Directed by Sammo Hung Kam-Bo

- Where’s Officer Tuba (1986) - (Cameo) - Directed by Phillip Chan Yan-Kin & Ricky KLau Koon-Wai

- Legacy of Rage (1986) - (Cameo) - Directed by Ronny Yu

- Killer’s Nocturne (1987) - (Cameo) - Directed by Lam Nai-Choi

- Your My Destiny (1987) - (Cameo) - Directed by Eric Tsang Chi-Wai

- To Err is Humane (1987) - (Cameo) - Directed by Alfred Cheung Kin-Ting

- Blood Call (1988) - (Cameo) - Directed by Tung Lo

- One Husband Too Many (1988) - (Cameo) - Directed by Athony Chan Yau

- Bloodsport (1988) - Directed by Newt Arnold

- Bloodfight (1989) - Directed by Goto Shuji

1990 - 1999

(Image) - With actors Philip Chan & Jean-Claude Van Damme in a scene from Double Impact (1991).

https://cache.moviestillsdb.com/i/500x/p19yaua2/double-impact-lg.jpg

- Magic Force From Highland (1990) Directed by Yu Chik-Lim

- Breathing Fire (1991) Directed by Brandon Pender & Lou Kennedy

- Double Impact (1991): Directed by Sheldon Lettich

- Fearless Tiger (1991) Directed by Ron Hulme

- Tiger Claw’s (1991) Directed by Kelly Makin

- Ironheart (1992) Directed by Robert Clouse

- Shootfighter Fight to The Death (1993): Directed by Patrick Alan

- TC2000 (1993) Directed by T.J Scott

- Shootfighter 2 (1996) Directed by Paul Ziller

- Tiger Claws 2 (1996) Directed by J.Stepehen Maunder

On the set of Diamond Cartel a.k.a The Whole World at Our Feet (2015).

https://cache.moviestillsdb.com/i/500x/831ykaby/diamond-cartel-lg.jpg

2000 - 2022 

- Blizhniy Boy The Ultimate Fighter (2007) Directed by Erkin Ialgashev & Jalal Merhi (Unreleased)

- Diamond Cartel (2015) - (Cameo) - Directed by Salamat Mukhammed-Ali

Cut & Splice Movie Roles  1975 - 2000

Fighting Dragon (1975) Directed by Peng Chien, Toru Sotoyama & Shozo Tamura.

- Five episodes from the 1974 Fight! Dragon T.V show, edited into a single movie for it's 1975 international cinema release.

- a.k.a Challenge Me Dragon, 1982 U.S cinema re-release title Fighting Dragon VS Deadly Tiger.

- Includes two re-used Yasuaki Kurata VS Bolo Yeung fight scenes taken from the series.

Treasure of Bruce Le (1979) Directed by Joseph Kong-Hung

- a.k.a Enter the Game of Shaolin Bronzemen, Kung Fu Streetfighter.

- Features a recycled fight scene lifted from Bruce & Shaolin Kung Fu (1977).

The Blazing Ninja (1980) Directed by Godfrey Ho Chi-Keung

- a.k.a Dragoneer 14 - The Blazing.

- Borrows the Bruce Lai/Bolo fight footage from Dragon on Fire (1979).

Ninja Killer (1981) Directed by Godfrey Ho

- Re-Cut/Retitled version of Kung Fu on The Bosporus (1974) directed by Vicktor Lam.

- Godfrey Ho added newly shot footage and spliced in new cast members (Bolo Yeung) for the 1980's re-release.

The Mad Cold Blooded Murder (1981) Directed by Albert Law To-Bong

- Newly shot footage featuring Bolo Yeung was added to some U.S VHS editions of this film.

Dragon Lee Fights Back (1981) Directed by To Man-Bo & Kim Jin-Tai

- a.k.a Muscle of The Dragon.

- This production re-used the Huang Kin-Lung/Bolo Yeung training scene from Clones of Bruce Lee - (1980).

Bruce Lee's Secret Kung Fu (1988) Directed by Joseph Kong-Hung

- a.k.a Bruces Ninja Secret, Bruce The Top Master, Bruces Last Battle.

- Patchwork of Bruce's Deadly Finger's (1976) & Bruce & The Shaolin Bronzemen (1982).

Shaolin Megaforce (1992) Directed by Yu Chik-Lim

- a.k.a Megaforce from Highland.

- Re-used footage from the movie Magic Force from Highland (1990).

Fist of Legend 2: Iron Bodyguards (1996) Directed by Robert Tai Chi-Hsien & Chan Tung-Man

- a.k.a Fists of Legends II: Iron Bodyguards.

- Producers used a fight sequence taken from The Bodyguard - (1974).

Tiger Claws III (2000) Directed by J.Steven Maunder

- a.k.a Tiger Claws III The Fianl Conflict.

- Archive footage from Tiger Claws 1 & 2 (Uncredited).

T.V Roles & Appearances  1974 - 2020

(Photo) Code Name 108 Shichi Nin no Ribu (1976)

Bolo-Yeung1070.png

Winston Cigarettes/Cigar Commercial (1972)

- With Cheng Lui & Chieh Yuen.

Fight! Dragon - TBS T.V Series (1974)

- Episode 1: Dragon Fly to Hong Kong - Directed by Toru Sotoyama & Shozo Tamura

- Episode 2: The enemy of the dragon is a purple snake - Directed by Toru Sotoyama & Shozo Tamura

G-Men '75 - TBS Series (1975 - 1982)

- Episode 126: Hitman in the South China Sea - Directed by Ryuichi Takamori

- Episode 127: Macau Hitman - Directed by Ryuichi Takamori

- Episode 175: Hong Kong Karate VS G-Men Part 1 Directed by Kashiwa Yamauchi

- Episode 176: Hong Kong Karate VS G-Men Part 2 Directed by Kashiwa Yamauchi

- Episode 201: G-Men VS Hong Kong Karate Corps Part 1 Directed by Noriyuki Komatsu

- Episode 202: G-Men VS Hong Kong Karate Corp Part 2 Directed by Noriyuki Komatsu

- Episode 227: G-Men VS Hong Kong's Eating Tiger Part 1 Directed by Kazuhiko Yamaguchi

- Episode 228: G-Men VS Hong Kong Eating Tiger Part 2 Directed by Kazuhiko Yamaguchi

- Episode 267: G-Men VS The World's Strongest Karate Part 1 Directed by Ryuichi Takamori

- Episode 268: G-Men VS The World's Strongest Karate Part 2 Directed by Ryuichi Takamori

- Episode 292: Hong Kong Woman Karate VS G-Men Part 1 Directed by Kazuhiko Yamaguchi

- Episode 293: Hong Kong Woman Strongest Karate Part 2 Directed by Kazuhiko Yamaguchi

- Episode 294: Hong Kong Woman Strongest Karate Part 3 Directed by Kazuhiko Yamaguchi

- Episode 319: Hong Kong Karate VS Peking Man Part 1 Directed by Kazuhiko Yamaguchi

- Episode 320 : Hong Kong Karate VS Peking Man Part 2 Directed by Kazuhiko Yamaguchi

Code Name 108 Shichi Nin no Ribu - TBS T.V Series (1976)

- Episode 6: Cleapotra's Tears - Directed by Kozuyoshi Yoshikawa. (Guest Appearance)

G-Men '82 - TBS Series (1982 - 1983)

- Episode 10: Burn! Hong Kong Shaolin Temple Part 1 Directed by Takao Nagaishi

- Episode 11: How! Hong Kong Shaolin Temple Part 2 Directed by Kazuo Shimomura

- Episode 14: Hong Kong Woman's Deadly Fist - Directed by Kazuo Shimomura

"Quiz Derby" - TBS show hosted by Kyosen Ohashi (1982) - Self

- Guest appearance with Yasuaki Kurata to help promote G-Men '82.

Jean-Claude Van Damme: Behind Closed Door's Series (2011)

- Episode 8 - Self

High Score - T.V Mini-Series (2020)

- (Archive Footage)

Director

Writing Kung Fu (1979) - Production Company: Mountview Film Co. (H.K.)

Bolo (1979) - Production Company :Star Film (H.K.) Co.

Fight Choreography

The Greatest Thai Boxing (1974) with Fong Yau, Chieh Yuen, San Kui

10 Magnificent Killer's (1977)  with San Kui, Nick Cheung-Lik, Fong Yao.

The Amsterdam Connection (1978) with San Kui, Nick Cheung-Lik, Fong Yao.

Bolo (1979) with Jason Pai Paio & Huang Ha.

Writing Kung Fu (1979) - with John Cheung & San Sin.

Documentary Appearances & Additional Credits

Bruce Lee The Man & The Legend (1973) Golden Harvest - Self

Location Hong Kong: The Making of Enter The Dragon (1973) Warner Brother's - Self

Bruce Lee Martial Art’s Master (1993) Warner Brothers - Self

Top Fighter (1995)  Eastern Heroes - Short featurette/Screen fight montage

Production Staff - Soul of Chiba (1977)

Production Manager - Writing Kung Fu (1979)

Writer - Bloodfight (1989) collaboration with Sawaguchi Yoshiaki,

Associate producer - Shootfighter 2 (1996)

Related Link's

- Chinese Hercules: The Bolo Yeung Story Link- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8387520/

- Bolo Yeung HKMDB Filmography Link- http://hkmdb.com/db/people/view.mhtml?id=13138&display_set=eng

- Bolo Yeung Official Facebook page Link- https://www.facebook.com/Bolo-Yeung-1506675429619648/

- David Yeung Official Facebook page Link- https://en-gb.facebook.com/DAVIDYEUNGBOLO/

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 5

bolo-yeung536.jpg

(Above) Behind the scenes picture with veteran Hong Kong actor Sek Kin on the set of Enter the Dragon (1973).

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Bruce Lee rehearsing the Roper/Bolo fight scene in Enter The Dragon(1973), as John Saxon looks on.

fe260bff36bd6cd1a449cf7fe80952a7.jpg

b5753d24335c96016d884ef9d5f33a4e.jpg

ef998aa87d6f6699c554e4de8aaf4444.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Click on the link above, for my full thoughts, on Bruce & Shaolin Kung Fu Part 1, thank you.

Bolo and Kong Do in a scene from Bruce & Shaolin Kung Fu.

BruceAndShaolinKungFu1.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Bolo's last movie appearance(for now) will finally be getting a release in the U.K, U.S & Australia. Originally titled The Whole World At Our Feet the film has been re-titled Diamond Cartel. The film had been shelved for some time but thanks to Shoreline Entertainment and Cleopatra Entertainment it will finally see the light of day in early 2017.

Thanks to Ultimate Bolo Yeung FacgeBook page for this information Link- https://www.facebook.com/Ultimate-BOLO-YEUNG-159579510877559/

Diamond Cartel Facebook page Link- https://www.facebook.com/diamondcartelmovie/

Some stills from the production of the movie featuring the Martial Arts movie icon.

MV5BNjYyOWFmNDgtMTgzNS00ZjI4LWE0OTAtNzY3

MV5BN2E0YmM3MWYtZTA4ZC00MDQyLWI0ODEtN2Q4

MV5BNDQ5OGI2MDctZTdjZi00YmM0LWEwNjUtZmRi

MV5BZTUwZmQ1NDMtZDM4MC00ZWYzLTk4MTktYTQw

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

maxresdefault.jpg

Bolo and Bruce Lee during rehearsals for Bolo decimation of Han's guards, with Mars(foreground) and Lam Ching Ying(background).

• Like 4

Image-of-Bruce-Lee-1978-In-Hindi.jpg

Re-posted this old review of Image Of Bruce Lee that was lost when the forums went down. Bolo has a supporting role in this crime themed Ho Chung Tao actioner.

For more Bolo related reviews by various talented writers on the Kung Fu Fandom Forums, please click on the link below.

Bolo prepares to teach Jean Claude Van Damme a few lessons in self defense in a scene from Double Impact(1991)

tumblr_mvt8no6y151rbe1pjo1_1280.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

On 12/27/2016 at 10:41 PM, BiggWill1988 said:

I was thinking does anyone know Bolo's workout routines to get bulky. I dont think he ever said what he does.

It wold be nice to know more about this and his powerlifting/bodybuilding career before he came to the states.

(Video Link Expired)

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

O yea i remember seeing this one a few years back. If i ever see what he did before he came to the States/ bodybuilding including the number of sets and reps.  I would do that one 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, BiggWill1988 said:

O yea i remember seeing this one a few years back. If i ever see what he did before he came to the States/ bodybuilding including the number of sets and reps.  I would do that one 

He competed in powerlifting events so deadlifts, squats and bench/standing presses must have been a big part of his rountine at some point. There's a scene in Double Impact 1991 where he lifts an oil barrel, and he clearly practiced powerlifting techniques by the way he lifts it. He grabs either end of the barrel and does a really neat standting press with it. His technique is flawless, and hes clearly done it many times before making the movie.

• Like 4