Legend of the fox

• Like 5

ShawAngela
On 6/18/2022 at 12:03 AM, ShawAngela said:

Recently announced by Spectrum with the visuals :

The magic blade

Portrait in crystal

Legend of the fox

It looks like I forgot the links to the visuals, sorry !!

Peut être une image de 4 personnes

Aucune description de photo disponible.

• Like 1

ShawAngela

Great news !!

Challenge of the gamesters will be released by Spectrum as part of their boxset of God of Gamblers !

Sadly, it won't be a single blu ray release to complete the Shaws' collection on the shelf, but it's already a great thing that another Shaws' is released by them !

• Like 2

ShawAngela

Second good news !!

Sons of the Good Earth will be released to by Spectrum as part of their 5 never released on HD King Hu's boxset ! 

That's so good news ! And from what I understood, this movie was censored when it was released years ago, so, maybe it will be uncut in this boxset. I hope so !

• Like 2

FightingFool
5 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Challenge of the gamesters

Was this the one with "fake building"?Or perhaps it was Big hold up..have neither movies atm, used to have them as vcd perhaps but items got lost..Don`t really remember either movies although have feeling in gamesters playing cards were used as weapon..

Spectrum seems to have more interesting Shaw titles than arrow or 88(I do not mean better but the ones haven`t seen as many times as CC or LKL flicks). And portrait in crystal is great movie.

• Like 1

thundered mantis

Those Shaws are going home! It seems the ones that Spectrum releases are not touched by the other companies, aren´t they?

FightingFool
4 minutes ago, thundered mantis said:

Those Shaws are going home! It seems the ones that Spectrum releases are not touched by the other companies, aren´t they?

Might come as delay as those are not most famous Shaws... Kind of hoping it would not happen tho feels bit tired of buying same movies over and over again.But one more time....

ShawAngela
47 minutes ago, thundered mantis said:

Except for Hero and Painted Faces, I don't think that they released the same movies as the other companies. Oh, yes, there is also Loving you, which has a HK blu ray release, if I'm not mistaken. They release it with Lifelin in a boxset.

As for the non Shaws' movies, they released Odd couple which has already another blu ray release.

• Like 2

AlexanderFu
On 6/26/2022 at 12:35 PM, ShawAngela said:

It looks like I forgot the links to the visuals, sorry !!

Peut être une image de 4 personnes

Aucune description de photo disponible.

That is a fantastic 3. The Magic Blade is like top 5 for me, Portrait in Crystal Has those Cgor Yuen/Gu Long colored lights, so it should look great on B.R. - Legend of the Fox?? Just a fantastic film that looks great on regular IVL DVD. Should be that much better with B.R. treatment.

We really need To Kill a Mastermind one day. That would beat anything I can think of, including The Boxer's Omen, rumored to be in Shawscope Volume 2!

• Like 3

saltysam

I know the Shawscope Vol 2 is coming but i have a few from that set already, really hope 88 get some more titles, future pickings looking slim for english-friendly releases.

ChillyChong
2 hours ago, saltysam said:

I know the Shawscope Vol 2 is coming but i have a few from that set already, really hope 88 get some more titles, future pickings looking slim for english-friendly releases.

you can use this list as reference what can hope realisticlty as 88 does not fund new scans, There is not many big name titles(although there is lot great movies) remaining

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls500120449/

Edited by ChillyChong
  • Like 1