Shaw Brothers on Blu-ray

Chu Liu Hsiang

Fu Sheng starring in a Chu Yuan wuxia novel adaptation, with especially crazy characters. I like it. Recommended if you like (comedic) Fu Sheng and/ or Chu Yuan's wuxia movies. 

• Like 2

On 2/27/2019 at 7:48 PM, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

Fu Sheng starring in a Chu Yuan wuxia novel adaptation, with especially crazy characters. I like it. Recommended if you like (comedic) Fu Sheng and/ or Chu Yuan's wuxia movies. 

Story has pretty strong similarity to hk comic "force of buddhas palm" which had run of 50 issues or so in USA..2 twins are separated at birth, one is raised in valley of devils and another in palace...

It`s quite good movie, perhaps upgrade material as koch br but no way as mediabook price.

Edited by Tex Killer
  • Like 1

Does anyone know if there is a chance to see Lady exterminator in a good quality print dvd or blu ray. This sequel to The sexy killer would be worth getting an upgrade. Chen Ping is as deadly in this one as she was in Sexy killer. The only complaint I have is that Yueh Hua didn't have a big role, there...

• Like 1

funny enough we just asked about that Movie (again) at Celestial and it's not remastered but available in HD. so no, i doubt anyone will ever licence it except maybe some crazy German Companies... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spannick said:

funny enough we just asked about that Movie (again) at Celestial and it's not remastered but available in HD. so no, i doubt anyone will ever licence it except maybe some crazy German Companies..

Well...I actually was thinking of the crazy German companies...:bs_smile:

• Like 1

I ordered Shadow Whip and The Master of Kung Fu Blu-rays. Nice price of $23/24 USD total. I would consider these 2nd tier but the price can’t be beat. And, since there’s a little lull before the next onslaught of Eureka and 88 JC/Golden Harvest titles, I wanted to pick them up. Can never have enough Shaws. Looking forward to the next round of German Shaws releases. Going to keep fingers crossed that they will have English subs.

• Like 2

now announced via Facebook officially by Shamrock Media: Deadly Angels ("first full uncut Version ever") and Martial Arts of Shaolin. both will have English Subs and maybe even the English Dubs!

original Text: "Die Macht der Shaolin - Jet Li

Todesengel des Kung Fu - Shaw Brothers
hier haben wir erstmals weltweit eine Uncut Version!"

• Like 6

4 hours ago, spannick said:

now announced via Facebook officially by Shamrock Media: Deadly Angels ("first full uncut Version ever") and Martial Arts of Shaolin. both will have English Subs and maybe even the English Dubs!

Have never seen Deadly Angels. But, MAOS I have on Blu-ray from Japan with no English subs. I would be up to order it.

Thanks for that info!

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
12 hours ago, spannick said:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely be ordering Martial Arts of Shaolin.

• Like 1

Deadly angels for me for sure ! I never got a dvd release of this one and all what I have is the French language vhs that I saved on a dvd...I hope that it will be a region 2 blu ray !!

• Like 2

On 4/1/2019 at 8:40 PM, ShawAngela said:

Deadly angels for me for sure ! I never got a dvd release of this one and all what I have is the French language vhs that I saved on a dvd...I hope that it will be a region 2 blu ray !!

it's a German release so it will be.

• Like 3

On 4/1/2019 at 4:39 AM, spannick said:

Amazing news...I was sure no "new" Shaws on br ever, just upgrades. Deadly angels is absolutely essential purchase.

• Like 2

of course, just don't be "suprised" with Deadly Angels, this will be from a Montage of Vintage 35mm Prints. not the usual Celestial Style Quality, but it's been done in 2K HD - everything contained in the Release. there will be no Upscale Material at all. a Few Bits of really rotten Celestial HD Material ( green rot Stains often) and the Main essential Part is from German 35mm Prints.  so yeah, it will be nice, filmic, grainy, not heavy DNR as we know it from Celestial themselves. The uncut Scenes will be only 1-2 Minutes, as the German Version thankfully was not heavily edited back then.   i love what i could see yet, great fun Movie, finally really watchable. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, spannick said:

of course, just don't be "suprised" with Deadly Angels, this will be from a Montage of Vintage 35mm Prints. not the usual Celestial Style Quality, but it's been done in 2K HD - everything contained in the Release. there will be no Upscale Material at all. a Few Bits of really rotten Celestial HD Material ( green rot Stains often) and the Main essential Part is from German 35mm Prints.  so yeah, it will be nice, filmic, grainy, not heavy DNR as we know it from Celestial themselves. The uncut Scenes will be only 1-2 Minutes, as the German Version thankfully was not heavily edited back then.   i love what i could see yet, great fun Movie, finally really watchable. 

Do you have knowledge or good guess if Deadly Angel is available widely(=amazon.de) or just in shop special shops like d&t? Both are welcomed but sometimes if there is nothing else to need at d&t, postage(15€) is high for one movie...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spannick said:

there will be a bit more of the "never released before Celestial stuff" :)

54 minutes ago, spannick said:

That's SO GOOD NEWS !!!

Thanks, Spannick !

By the way, do you know if the French language version in vhs was cut or not ?

• Like 2

the French VHS was heavily cut for Violence (much more than in Germany)  and i think all Sex Scenes are missing? they are also missing in the Celestial Print  (no, they are not re-inserts from some other Movie in the German 35mm, they are clearly belonging where they are in the Movie now). the Greek EngDub VHS was also cut.

as to where it will be sold, well it was quite pricey to do all the 35mm Scans. we will have to wait it out. it will surely not go the 12€ Koch Media Route, how could that pay out...

Edited by spannick
typo
  • Like 1

Thanks for the informations.

I remember a little bit of nudity at the beginning of the movie when the girl carrying the drugs is killed, and also Dana during the final fight.

• Like 1

Chen Hung Lieh
21 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

German bluray SHAOLIN ABBOT? Does anyone know this edition, I assume it's a bootleg?

100% Bootleg. The seller even admits it in a veiled manner.

• Like 2

Shaolin Abott bootleg trash (also: it's still free for Germany to licence ;) , Battle Wizard licenced (no English Options). Wizard is also a very limited version so that could go sky high.

Edited by spannick
  • Like 3

Iron Head Rat

hello guys/gals new to to the forum..been lurking for ages thou..

can anyone help! what is the best version of The Master (3 Evil Masters) out there? thanks in advance.

• Like 2