You can now take a quiz as many times as you'd like, but the score you receive from the first will be recorded and not change. ×

Cobra Kai (2018- ) William Zabka, Ralph Macchio, Tanner Buchanan, Xolo Mariduena

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
2 hours ago, CT KID said:

There was an article on the internet this morning about a deleted scene from season one where Johnny is trying to recruit students for his dojo and he stands outside of a Brazilian jiujitsu school with fliers to try and poach students. The master of the school comes out and confronts him and they get into it and are about to fight but a cop pulls up and Johnny walks off. If I I knew how to post stuff like that on here I  would have, it was hilarious! Can't understand why they would have deleted it, pure gold!

Yes, this scene was great. @CT KID this, other deleted scenes, and some other good special features are on the DVD set (no Blu-ray release. 🙁 Sigh...) which includes all of seasons one and two (and comes with a double-sided headband 👳‍♂️). It's well worth picking up.

• Like 5
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlbertV

• CT KID

• OpiumKungFuCracker

• SamSeed

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Season 3 trailer: I cannot wait for this! Honestly it looks like it is going to be as good if not better than seasons one and two, I just love the idea of Johnny and Daniel teaming up a

I finished the second season last night. I say this with no sarcasm at all: Cobra Kai is one of the best shows of the last decade.

Completed all 2 seasons a few weeks ago. What a pleasant surprise. A great mix of 80s and contemporary social themes coming into play, and good fight choreography from Simon Rhee. Great to see appeara

Posted Images

I just got done with season one. I didn't expect it to be this awesome, really loved it! Season two here I come...

Anybody on the forum here with ties to production? Would love to get some pieces (e.g. Cobra Kai Shirt) for my collection.

• Like 5

And done 😁 A bit too much (relationship) drama for my taste in season 2. Also LaRusso's daughter really got on my nerves at times. Other then that still very enjoyable. I'm curious where they'll be going with this setup for season 3. There is some good potential here. Last but not least big ups to the soundtrack!

Spoiler

I can see a collaboration between LaRusso and Lawrence. Now that Cobra Kai is officially under the controll of Sensei Kreese again. They might have a common enemy to fight. Also I'm pretty sure we'll finally get to see Ali again. Curious to what kind of trouble that will lead...

I can't wait for an official release announcment. If the various web sources are correct the new season will "strike" this spring!

• Like 3
On 2/18/2020 at 4:17 AM, CT KID said:

The one character that kinda irked me was Larrusso's son who they portrayed as a lazy spoiled brat lol.

Yeah that character is pretty useless to be honest. Doesn't add any value whatsoever...

• Like 2
AlbertV

Well, interesting trivia: While The Karate Kid Part II was set in Okinawa, it was actually filmed in Hawaii. However, Jon Hurwitz revealed that Ralph Macchio's upcoming scenes in Okinawa for Season 3 were filmed in the real Okinawa!

• Like 6
CT KID

So the new season premieres next month right? Anybody got an exact date? Also I know they made the previous seasons free now on YouTube without having to get premium which I dropped, will you still have to have premium when  it first premieres or will it be shown on regular YouTube? Im guessing it will be delayed until a few months after it's shown on premium. :crying

• Like 3
AlbertV
11 hours ago, CT KID said:

So the new season premieres next month right? Anybody got an exact date? Also I know they made the previous seasons free now on YouTube without having to get premium which I dropped, will you still have to have premium when  it first premieres or will it be shown on regular YouTube? Im guessing it will be delayed until a few months after it's shown on premium. :crying

When YouTube announced that there would be a season 3, they said it would be free but be prepared to watch ads with it.

https://www.newsweek.com/youtube-says-cobra-kai-will-have-season-3-time-its-free-1423147

• Like 3
CT KID

Looks like instead of April season 3 is now  gonna be pushed back to the fall because of the coronavirus according to the latest news, that shit has ruined everything on the planet. :angry

• Like 1
  • Angry 2
53 minutes ago, CT KID said:

Looks like instead of April season 3 is now  gonna be pushed back to the fall because of the coronavirus according to the latest news, that shit has ruined everything on the planet. :angry

I completely understand, but it doesn't mean I have to like it or will not cry about it. 😢

Now more than ever we need some of that wholesome martial arts entertainment. 

• Like 2
OpiumKungFuCracker
1 hour ago, CT KID said:

I actually think this is better, the more you wait, the more you want it. And when it finally cums? OH BOY!!!!

• Like 2
CT KID
20 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

I actually think this is better, the more you wait, the more you want it. And when it finally cums? OH BOY!!!!

Yes I understand your point, but man l'd sure like to be watching it now to help get my mind off all this doom and gloom going on in the world right now....

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, CT KID said:

Yes I understand your point, but man l'd sure like to be watching it now to help get my mind off all this doom and gloom going on in the world right now....

good idea yes GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Like 3
laagi

Kind of a weird decision in my opinion. Why postpone it? There won't be any time soon where people are stuck at home. Let's face it most of us crave for new content now more than ever. I know...

• Like 3
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
On 4/16/2020 at 12:43 PM, laagi said:

Kind of a weird decision in my opinion. Why postpone it? There won't be any time soon where people are stuck at home. Let's face it most of us crave for new content now more than ever. I know...

Most likely because they weren't finished making season 3. I think if it was completed they'd have stayed on their original release schedule.

• Like 3
AlbertV

They did finish shooting Season 3 already.  But the only issue is now some technical post production work.  Co-creator Jon Hurwitz mentioned it on Twitter.

Screenshot_20200419-010827_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20200419-010833_Twitter.jpg

• Like 3
Master with OK Fingers

Cannot wait for this. Season 1 took me back to my youth and season 2, while not as good kept me wanting more. 👍

• Like 4
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
9 hours ago, AlbertV said:

They did finish shooting Season 3 already.  But the only issue is now some technical post production work.  Co-creator Jon Hurwitz mentioned it on Twitter.

Right, that's why I said "Most likely because they weren't finished making season 3." I didn't say "shooting".

Making a show or film is much more than just shooting the footage. This is the same reason that the season finale of THE WALKING DEAD wasn't aired (unfinished post-production work). A lot of the equipment used to create special effects, do sound editing, color timing, and a lot of other things need to be done at studios or specially equipped facilities and can't be completed on home computers.

• Like 4
AlbertV

Major Update Alert

Don't expect Cobra Kai Season 3 on YouTube. The show is leaving YT because they planned to end it after season 3 but Sony TV asked for permission to find a new home, which YT agreed. The top two contenders to home Cobra Kai are Netflix and Hulu. Whoever gets it will also get Seasons 1 and 2 along with exclusive rights to Season 3.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/cobra-kai-s3-will-find-a-new-home/

• Like 2
The Ghost Face Killah

Now this is why I joined the forum, to get quality recomendations like this from real fans. I watch other platforms and along with other priorities never caught this on YouTube when it dropped, I just watched the first episode and now I'll likely binge it later this week when I have time. 

Great recomendation and it's been excellent so far, the character development and setting the stage for the series.

Edited by The Ghost Face Killah
  • Like 2
CT KID
On 5/29/2020 at 9:36 AM, DiP said:

Been waiting to see this on Netflix. Hope it lands there soon

Me too, my parents just got a Netflix subscription with a new big screen tv they just got so that would work out great! :monk_swinging:

• Like 1
The Ghost Face Killah

Just finished season one, every single episode has been entertaining so far. 

Great character development, the dialogue has been excellent, and even minor supporting characters are funny as well. 

I was pleasantly suprised how good they made this when the original source material was over thirty years ago.

They made this out of thin air and I'm definitely going to watch the next seasons.

• Like 3