Bruised (2021) - Halle Berry, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Shamier Anderson, Adan Canto

AlbertV

https://deadline.com/2018/09/halle-berry-bruised-movie-mma-director-star-1202456723/

Halle Berry, wrapping her role in John Wick: Parabellum, is set to make her directorial debut on a new MMA drama entitled Bruised.

Written by Michelle Rosenfarb, the plot follows Jackie “Justice,” a disgraced MMA fighter who has failed at the one thing she’s ever been good at – fighting. When 6-year-old Manny, the son she walked out on years ago, returns to her doorstep, Jackie has to conquer her own demons, face one of the fiercest rising stars of the MMA world, and ultimately fight to become the mother this kid deserves.

Production begins in March 2019.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

The film will be on Netflix on November 24. Originally, the film was going to be directed by Nick Cassavetes and Blake Lively was to star, until Berry came in and made this her directorial debut and taken the lead role. 

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/halle-berrys-sports-drama-bruised-what-we-know-so-far-08-2021/

• Like 2

DarthKato
On 10/14/2021 at 2:42 PM, AlbertV said:

Looks pretty interesting. I do like underdog stories like this. 

• Like 3

DarthKato
On 11/24/2021 at 3:46 AM, DrNgor said:

Has anyone watched this yet?

Not yet. I'm waiting for a DVD release. 

• Like 3

Drunken Monk
On 11/24/2021 at 6:46 AM, DrNgor said:

Has anyone watched this yet?

I added it to my Netflix queue but opinions haven’t exactly been glowing so it’s not at the top of the watchlist right now.

• Like 2