The Hong Kong Bluray/UHD Thread

Swordsman 3 is so bittersweet for me. It had all the elements of an incredible classic in the making but the storytelling just.... fell off in the 2nd half for me.

It's a shame because I really dug the aesthetic and what they were going for in the 1st half.

I still recommend the movie overall but there's a looooooot of wasted potential in there.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DiP said:

Any Danny Lee fans? His classic movie Law With Two Phases will be released on bluray by Panorama July 3.

https://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_details.php?ProductID=17429

Glad films like this pop up on BD, first day order for me! Not that widely seen or discussed, but this is DL on steroids in one hell of a gritty, dog eat dog action picture.

• Like 2

I love Dragon From Russia!

Link appears to be dead as the site is suspending orders due to Covid.

Anyone got the deets?  Is it region free? Any extras?

• Like 2

Sucks that we have to wait longer now till DDDHouse operates again. I think their product and shipping prices are better than YesAsia.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 3

Very entertaining, I agree. I have a great DVD custom of it, and while this new release may surpass it with its' HD scan, I'm fairly certain it will be inferior with the subs and audio.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, DiP said:

Very entertaining, I agree. I have a great DVD custom of it, and while this new release may surpass it with its' HD scan, I'm fairly certain it will be inferior with the subs and audio.

I do know the custom you're thinking of, I believe. There's the potential for better audio, but it remains to be seen. Copies mightn't make it out of HK until they can resume postage.

• Like 2

thundered mantis

Damn those Panorama don´t come cheap. And don´t go down in price fast it seems. Shanghai Shanghai is a must for me, always liked the Sammo vs Biao bout. Short but sweet it is.

• Like 2

Corey Yuen's 1991 gambling comedy, The Top Bet aka Queen of Gamblers is coming to blu ray from Panorama HK. I don't know anything about this one as I've never seen it but certainly has an impressive cast with Dodo Cheng, Anita Mui, Sandra Ng, etc.

https://www.fareastfilms.com/?review_post_type=the-top-bet

https://www.lovehkfilm.com/reviews/top_bet.htm

ESkS2t8.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 4

Super Ninja
On 3/14/2021 at 10:37 AM, thundered mantis said:

There's been some talk that this might be just an upscale on account of Fortune Star providing the master. I'd be happier with a UK release, hopefully with some extras included.

• Like 2

thundered mantis
On 3/15/2021 at 3:26 PM, Super Ninja said:

There's been some talk that this might be just an upscale on account of Fortune Star providing the master. I'd be happier with a UK release, hopefully with some extras included.

DAMN, hope it's not. I've just ordered it and it ain't cheap. This one is quite likely to be picked by Eureka, Arrow or 88 I think, as it was released back in the day by HKL. Just couldn't wait I guess. Will post some screencaps and disc info when it arrives, but just got a delay message from DDDHOUSE

• Like 2

Super Ninja
4 minutes ago, thundered mantis said:

DAMN, hope it's not. I've just ordered it and it ain't cheap. This one is quite likely to be picked by Eureka, Arrow or 88 I think, as it was released back in the day by HKL. Just couldn't wait I guess. Will post some screencaps and disc info when it arrives, but just got a delay message from DDDHOUSE

I know what you mean, I was ready to preorder the moment I saw the announcement. Kung Fu Cult Master from Panorama also seems to be just an upscale. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1