The 88 Films Blu-Ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

On 14.3.2017 at 3:25 AM, ShawAngela said:

Killer constable arrived yesterday, but I won't be able to test it until tomorrow!! :bs_firey:

Got mine today, about same packaking as with amazon orders. Haven`t taken it yet off from seals but sounds like no loose discs. Damn, that cover of slip is epic :monk_toasting:

• Like 2

Yeah! It`s here! Awesome! Mine was packed by Gabbie. :smile Shout out to Gabbie, wherever you are! First time ordered from 88 Films and that was a pretty quick turn-around for a pre-purchase and free shipping. A lot quicker than Amazon with their "free" shipping. Looks like I will be ordering again from them directly if the free shipping will still be in effect for future purchases. Might even buy from them if it is not. Nice little slipcover. 

I just started watching but am going to play my iTunes version along with the movie to see if there are any differences. Also, will be listening to Bey`s commentary. Probably won't get it all finished tonight. But, that is ok. Just really glad that it is here! 

On Bey`s commentary - Ok, noticed one thing...if anyone else can check this out to make sure that I am not losing my hearing, but it sounds like Bey`s volume drops right before Chen Kuan-tai makes his entrance in the film. The drop in volume is only on Bey`s commentary and not the English or Chinese audio tracks. Otherwise, informative commentary. 

Slip front:

58cb4e0c84f26_Image1.thumb.JPG.09ec16abca71fdb4869759c716e174e0.JPG

Slip back:

58cb4e1094646_Image2.thumb.jpg.8be46776ce381a6677eb68cc2b1a7137.jpg

Slip and Case:

58cb4e160f382_Image3.thumb.jpg.7eda59c21cade476cc6d32002c71c9a7.jpg

• Like 4

I don`t find post now where 88 slipcovers for first Shaw titles were discussed but they had some fundraising campaign last year. I think most if not all slips went for those who attended into it..Not sure if 300 were printed or only 150..

As some ziieagle films are reportedly in condition no proper br could me made, what I would want to see from 88; shaolin temple(dub at times makes more sense than subtitled IVL, rare case), chinatown kid - ultimate edition and avenging eagle(uncut). Black Butterfly and sword mates don`t dare to dream of...

Of horror, "haunted tales" would be amazing.

Criminals serie also welcomed.

First things first=masked avengers:smile

In future going to get all Shaws feel I need directly from 88 free shipping or not, for Italian titles may use amazon.

• Like 2

Just picked up 5 of the new 88 Films BDs - wow, they are just incredible!  Bravo!

And thanks for the heads-up: I may very well start ordering from 88 Films themselves!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Karlos said:

Just picked up 5 of the new 88 Films BDs - wow, they are just incredible!  Bravo!

And thanks for the heads-up: I may very well start ordering from 88 Films themselves!

Awesome!!!!

So far I already bought 6 of their BD.

I already ordered 5 so yesterday I decided to bite the bullet and get the other 2. However, "Seeding of a Ghost" is currently out of stock (great - that means that they must be selling).
So "Mighty" was ordered yesterday, "Hex", "HoT", "BM" & "5EN" have already been delivered, "Killer Constable" should be delivered within the next day or so & I will get "Seeding" when it gets back in stock.

And then "Masked Avenger" when it is released.

• Like 4

Just watched Seeding of a Ghost.  As KillerMeteor says back on page 1 of this thread, the dub is Mandarin and not, as stated on the sleeve and the menu, the Cantonese one.

Overall, PQ is really nice, apart from the occasional scene where it seems to have been shot in soft-focus (and if so, then nothing can be done about that).

Also, in regard to the subtitles, I found the general lack of grammar irritating (i.e. very few "!", "?" and periods/full stops - but maybe that's just me).

There also appears to be a line of dialogue missing around the 27:30 mark (maybe my BD player is to blame?)

The doc/interview with Calum Waddell was OK, but no great shakes.

• Like 2

The pre-order have been up for a little while on Amazon UK, I had it in my basket. However, I will wait and buy it directly from 88 Films.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thekfc said:

The pre-order have been up for a little while on Amazon UK, I had it in my basket. However, I will wait and buy it directly from 88 Films.

That is place where preorders if shipped most likely happens in prior of official release day...(Y)

Edited by Tex Killer
  • Like 1

Received my copy of "Killer Constable" yesterday. That was 9 days from the UK to NYC - much quicker than Amazon UK.  I am still waiting on an order that I placed with Amazon UK 2 days prior than when I placed my order with 88 Films..

It did come with the slip cover.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, thekfc said:

Received my copy of "Killer Constable" yesterday. That was 9 days from the UK to NYC - much quicker than Amazon UK.  I am still waiting on an order that I placed with Amazon UK 2 days prior than when I placed my order with 88 Films..

It did come with the slip cover.

Mine took around 11 days, but 5 days of that was just pre-order time. I received my shipping notice on the 10th and it was here on the 16th. If I was waiting on Amazon, it probably would not be here until early to mid April. :smile

Glad yours has the slip. 

I am glad they are offering such a great deal for the fans.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, reason108 said:

Mine took around 11 days, but 5 days of that was just pre-order time. I received my shipping notice on the 10th and it was here on the 16th. If I was waiting on Amazon, it probably would not be here until early to mid April. :smile

Glad yours has the slip. 

I am glad they are offering such a great deal for the fans.

Just got my Amazon order a few minutes ago - that would be 4 days longer than 8 Films. According to email notifications, the Amazon order was shipped before I placed the 88 films order.On a separate not, I usually get my Amazon US orders within a day or two.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

I was going to buy "Masked Avengers" from Amazon but that slipcase is too good to pass up on. Pre-ordered!

Edited by Drunken Monk
  • Like 5

I pre-ordered too.

Hopefully I ordered in time to be one of those to get the slipcase.

That is now 7 of the 8, waiting on "Seeding" to come back in stock.

• Like 3

If financially possible we should support 88 and tvp. there is  quite serious lack of Shaw releases but lets do our mission to help our beloved scene...

Edited by Tex Killer
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

It's already sent !!! :bs_attention_clap_boy::bs_attention_clap_boy::BL-GoodJob::BL-GoodJob:

Mine too! But, this has me worried! Their website says that they won't have stock in until around April the 10th. So, did they get stock in early or are we getting the discs without the slipcovers? Or, maybe they will be sending the slipcovers later. Hopefully, they just haven't updated their website. But, it is odd that we are going to get this so soon. But, I am not going to complain if we get what we paid for a little early.

• Like 2

I think that I have the explanation of this fast shipping : I just received a message from 88 telling that they mistakenly sent Killer constable instead of Masked avengers...

• Like 2