The Arrow Films Blu-ray Thread

Drunken Monk

Drunken Monk

If anyone has missed the news (and if rumors are true), Arrow has picked up the rights to over 50 Shaw Brothers movies.

Eureka, 88 Films and now Arrow are going to ensure I go broke.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Killer Meteor
12 minutes ago, Django said:

Crossing my fingers for Heroes of the East or Legend of a Fighter

Legend of a Fighter is Seasonal, not Shaws.

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Well they already teased out last year that they were working on releasing the 36th chamber of Shaolin, but no idea yet if the announcement will be for one single release, their slate of Shaw's films to come or a boxset of films.

Exciting times!!

• Like 4

Think if they have over 50 Shaw titles it will depend on how the first titles sell. Could bung them on their streaming channel.

• Like 3

Announcement date i think,Arrow usually announce titles a couple of months in advance. I reckon this will be a late August or September release.

• Like 7

Are these Arrow releases region free ?

I hope that they won't release the same titles as the other companies and that they'll be amazing in their choices as Spectrum has done for their future releases.

• Like 6

Arrow will always be Region B for their UK only releases and Region A for their USA only releases. When they have rights for both territorires they are Region A/B.

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On the Hong Kong Cinema Appreciation Facebook group someone mentioned that there was some kind of internal Arrow memo that indicated the first release would be a box set, but please take it with a grain of salt.

• Like 4

FightingFool

Arrow usually unless remember wrong announces titles on last friday of month. But maybe they do exceptation with Shaws?Personally wish they go for less known swordplay flicks but cannot complain if do obvious better sellers.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, FightingFool said:

Personally wish they go for less known swordplay flicks but cannot complain if do obvious better sellers

I agree with the more obscure wuxia movies...

• Like 3

Have a feeling it may be a 36th Chamber box set, i've had the very good HK set for years if it is. Heroes Of The East, Blood Brothers and my favourite Shaws The Killer i'd like to see.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Have a feeling it may be a 36th Chamber box set, i've had the very good HK set for years if it is. Heroes Of The East, Blood Brothers and my favourite Shaws The Killer i'd like to see.

A boxset with all David Chiang/Ti Lung's movies would be good, or with all the Venoms movies, of with all Fu Sheng/Chi Kuan Chun's movies, or with all Wang Yu/Lo Lieh's movies...It would be GREAT !

• Like 4

I want Anonymous Heroes, it's fantastic, the IVL i have was a non-anamorphic early release and the subs go off the screen when you zoom the picture.

• Like 4

Irongod2112

I was originally going to be involved with Arrow and the upcoming Shaws but sadly had to decline because of other projects.

That being said you are all gonna be very happy when you see the announcement! :)

• Like 10
  • Buddha Bless You 2

Iron Head Rat

Hoping for Dirty Ho/3 Evil Masters or 5 Superfighters

or perhaps one late 60's one 70's & one early 80's boxset

• Like 5

FightingFool

WIsh they are able to reach some people who starred or directed those movies and create some nice extras. Some 88 Shaws have good special features, some not. It`s probably not easy task but arrow is company with resources and connections...

Would like to red lotus trilogy boxset. OK with 36 chambers movies tho not keen on sequels so think hoping more single releases than boxset.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, FightingFool said:

WIsh they are able to reach some people who starred or directed those movies and create some nice extras. Some 88 Shaws have good special features, some not. It`s probably not easy task but arrow is company with resources and connections...

Would like to red lotus trilogy boxset. OK with 36 chambers movies tho not keen on sequels so think hoping more single releases than boxset.

Red Lotus for historical value would indeed be a great release

• Like 1

Killer Meteor
On 6/19/2021 at 9:57 PM, Irongod2112 said:

I was originally going to be involved with Arrow and the upcoming Shaws but sadly had to decline because of other projects.

That being said you are all gonna be very happy when you see the announcement! :)

Arrow is never good for my wallet!

• Like 5

FightingFool
23 minutes ago, Killer Meteor said:

Arrow is never good for my wallet!

Opposite here lately, but besides forthcoming Shaws spaghetti western boxset vengeance trails change that.

• Like 3

shaolin swords

we need a all venom boxset to my knowledge there was never a boxset with all the venom movies in it and i hope the same shaw movies dont get release that shit gives me a headache how many copies can you have of the same movie but we will see  

• Like 8

Once upon a time IVL used to create polls on this forum asking fans to choose one film from a list of Shaw titles that fans would like to have on Blu-ray. They honoured the result and the winning title was released albeit vanilla if I recall correctly. Any idea why this was stopped? Is IVL still in business?

• Like 2