Top 5 Favorite Fight Scenes?

Gevixel

I'd love to hear all of your opinions, and what is your Top 5 Favorite Fight scenes, in Martial Art cinema. 

• Like 2

This is too difficult,there are so many great fight sequences one vs one,one vs many,many vs many,just too difficult to narrow it down to five,but here’s some of mine.Police Story Finale,Pedicab Driver,Sammo vs Lau Kar Leung and Finale,Yes Madam finale,Fist of Fury dojo throw down,Warriors two finale.Damn I could go on and on.Most of these for me was because of the physicality on display,but I think I’ve said before this could change tomorrow.👍

Edited by sym8
  • Like 3

*Insert any following 80s Jackie Chan flicks here... haha but seriously

Would probably take me a minute to comprise a definitive list. Id think it would be ever changing for me but I alos think Ive seen the best martial arts cinema has to offer, and were not seeing anything near as amazing these days. 

Police Story 2 playground scene, Police Story 2 restaurant scene, 36 Chambers 2 end fight, Ong Bak 2 end fight, Tower if Death (Game of Death 2 end fight) fight after he crosses the lava stuff

^yes to sequels

not sure what Im missing personally 🤔, but Id be hard pressed to have to replace any of those 

• Like 2

For a long time it was something like:

Drunken Master 2 - Jackie Chan vs. foundry thugs and Ken Lo
Fist of Legend - Jet Li vs. Billy Chow
Yes Madam! - mansion finale
In the Line of Duty IV - the finale: Cynthia Khan vs. Stephen Berwick; Cynthia Khan vs. Cho Wing; Donnie Yen vs. Michael Woods
Black Sheep Affair - Vincent Zhao vs. Andrew Lin

I think in recent years, other fights have vied for a place:

Legend of the Wolf - Donnie Yen vs. Mak Wai-Cheung
Mahjong Dragon - Vincent Zhao vs. Ken Lo
Ip Man - Dojo fight
SPL - Donnie Yen vs. Wu Jing

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Ninja Sinai

Wow good question..

My top 5 (not in order) would be:

1. The alleyway fight from SPL between Donnie Yen vs Wu Jing.  Everything about the fight is just awesome including the haunting background score. 

2. The final fight from Secret Rivals 2. The classic shape fest action mixed with the awesome score from the Big Gundown. Just pure class!

3. Ip Man vs 10 Blackbelts. Who didn’t get goosebumps the first time they watched that fight!?

4. The fight with Mad Dog from The Raid! Wow!!

5. The end fight from Drunken Master 2 - the movie which in my opinion was the last true Jackie Chan classic ever made. 

There you go my top 5. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ninja Sinai said:

2. The final fight from Secret Rivals 2. The classic shape fest action mixed with the awesome score from the Big Gundown. Just pure class!

Yeah, that is one of my all-time favorite old school movie fights. I love revisiting it!

• Like 3