The Vinegar Syndrome Blu-ray Thread

Vinegar Syndrome has just announced that they will be releasing the 1982 cult classic, Raw Force (aka Kung Fu Cannibals or Shogun Island), a U.S./Filipino martial arts action film directed by Edward D. Murphy (Heated Vengeance) and starring John Dresden (Final Mission), Cameron Mitchell (Silent Scream) and Camille Keaton (I Spit on Your Grave)

Raw Force involves a group of mercenaries who arrive on an island and come face-to-face with a group of mystical martial artists, as well a Hitler lookalike who runs a female slavery operation.

Watch the trailer. lol

The great Death Promise is getting a blu ray SE release from Vinegar Syndrome early next year. I'll be getting that, to replace my Code Red DVD.

• Like 2

watching now:

oh man...the "acting", the "special" effects...one of the worst I've watched in ages... and I'm LOVING it

Raw_Force_1200x1700.jpg.ab04aaf09cbbeffab6e8ab6973ca1d6d.jpg

Edited by nectarsis
  • Like 3

It looks like Herman Yau’s notorious CAT III flick Ebola Syndrome will be one of the limited edition releases found on Vinegar Syndrome’s site this Black Friday.

The sale starts at 12:01 tonight. I’m not sure how quickly this one will sell out.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

It looks like Herman Yau’s notorious CAT III flick will be one of the limited edition releases found on Vinegar Syndrome’s site this Black Friday.

The sale starts at 12:01 tonight. I’m not sure how quickly this one will sell out.

That's 12:01 EST. So it starts 9 where I'm from. That's great news about Ebola Syndrome. I thought Unearthed Films would get that one but happy VS got the rights.

I went ahead and ordered the limited edition slipcase version. It's only $2 more than the standard version.

front.jpg

back.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 4

One Armed Boxer

Interesting to see that it's missing the Deleted Scenes that were included as a Special Feature on the 2007 Discotek DVD.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Angry 1

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Interesting to see that it's missing the Deleted Scenes that were included as a Special Feature on the 2007 Discotek DVD.

no way..which bit???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

The Diskotek dvd has a run time of 98 minutes which is the HK CAT III theatrical cut and the only version released with the extended cut was the Austrian 2-disc (Illusions Unlimited) dvd set which ran 96 min in PAL. But with the speed difference, the NTSC Diskotek is 94 in PAL. So the 2 minutes of deleted scenes is accounted for in the Austrian extended cut. The Vinegar Syndrome 4k blu ray is listed as having a run time of 100 minutes which is 2 minutes longer than the Diskotek version.

https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=3946164

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
4 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

The Diskotek dvd has a run time of 98 minutes which is the HK CAT III theatrical cut and the only version released with the extended cut was the Austrian 2-disc (Illusions Unlimited) dvd set which ran 96 min in PAL. But with the speed difference, the NTSC Diskotek is 94 in PAL. So the 2 minutes of deleted scenes is accounted for in the Austrian extended cut. The Vinegar Syndrome 4k blu ray is listed as having a run time of 100 minutes which is 2 minutes longer than the Diskotek version.

https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=3946164

You have restored my erection. Thank you My saviour (of the soul).

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I told myself I wouldn’t order this because I’ve never seen ever. But there I was, at midnight, entering my credit card details…

I was a little worried it was just a 4K UHD Blu Ray (I don’t have a 4K player) but it looks like it has a standard Blu Ray too.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

But there I was, at midnight, entering my credit card details…

That'd make a good chapter title for my autobiography.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

I’m unfamiliar with this movie series.  What’s everyone’s opinion of them?  Are they a good showcase for Rothrock?  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, massa_yoda said:

I’m unfamiliar with this movie series.  What’s everyone’s opinion of them?  Are they a good showcase for Rothrock?  

I wanted to ask the same question. I didn’t pull the trigger on them last night as I was worried they weren’t the eBay films.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, massa_yoda said:

• Like 2

shaolin swords

tiger claws part 1 is classic to me for those that did not see it i recommend it the other 2 i never saw so i cant comment on that is this in blu ray or dvd ?

• Like 2

Will have to get this, I would buy it for first TC alone.

But commentary with Merhi?! Wow! Where did they dig him up? This adds that extra must have flavor to this release, sure buy.

• Like 4