Any big actors you feel are shoved in our face that noone actually cares for?

Koravec

PandaPawPaw

I think Bill Skarsgard looks quite cool in the JW4 trailer. I've not seen any of them but are those movies MA films or a mix of bullets and MA?

I more surprised people can stand Keanu Reeves being himself in pretty much everything. Not that I dislike him but as soon as I heard his voice in the JW4 trailer, I just went ugh! He has that weird slow way of talking.

Edited by PandaPawPaw
It's JW4, not 3.
  • Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

DarthKato

Brie Larson is the first to come to mind. I don't know how big she is, but they forced her down the throats of MCU fans for a while and she had absolutely no talent at all. But then again, Carol Danvers(Captain Marvel) has no personality and acts like a b*tch all the time, so I guess they found the right person. lol

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
10 hours ago, DarthKato said:

Brie Larson is the first to come to mind. I don't know how big she is, but they forced her down the throats of MCU fans for a while and she had absolutely no talent at all. But then again, Carol Danvers(Captain Marvel) has no personality and acts like a b*tch all the time, so I guess they found the right person. lol

08f2f50cdeaf6471de1c3030d12699dd--brie-l

Pretty big I'd say. :tongueout

• Haha 2

PandaPawPaw

GraveOrneryHyrax-max-1mb.gif

I'd add Tom Cruise to the list. I think he was good when he was younger but but these days, I just don't get what is so amazing about him. Seems like he's another actor who for the most part just plays himself in most things. Plus he's a Scientology twat.

• Haha 2

Drunken Monk
On 11/17/2022 at 8:08 AM, Koravec said:

What about Bill Skarsgard being a big villain in John Wick 3? Thats the kind of scenario I made this thread for. I dont imagine the dude is a martial artist. I dont even dislike him, just seems silly sometimes when trendy actors are shoved in our faces. Do people actually care about this guy? Idk

Bill Skarsgard is on his way to being huge. He obviously blew everyone away as Pennywise and this year, he's appeared in one of the underdog horror hits of the year, Barbarian. Then, on top of that, he'll be the lead in the new reboot of The Crow. Expect to see a lot more of him.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Bill Skarsgard is on his way to being huge. He obviously blew everyone away as Pennywise and this year, he's appeared in one of the underdog horror hits of the year, Barbarian. Then, on top of that, he'll be the lead in the new reboot of The Crow. Expect to see a lot more of him.

This is exactly what I have a problem with an actor gets famous for one role then gets put in Everything (even worse when they became famous for something other than acting, ie: modeling like cara delevigne, ruby rose for a minor tv show role or any stranger things actor for that matter, rapping like childish gambino, and yes even wrestling!).

Like oh lets take ‘scary clown guy’ and now give him another clown type character role as the crow! Maybe Im biased being a big fan of character actors, but this doesnt necessarily feel the same. Itd be like if they cast Micheal Keaton as the Joker (instead of batman) all because of his role as beetlejuice. Like oh this is what everyone will want to see.

I guess Im just not sold on the idea. In favor of his appearance I will say he resembles brandon slightly because of those big wide eyes and pretty exaggerated facial features and brandon being asian-american biracial. Anyway Ill have to hop over to the crow thread to see what you all are saying about it, personally dont find necessary rn. It will bring a resurgence to the legend of brandon and even bruce a little though.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

Bill Skarsgard was only given the The Crow role after the Jason Momoa’s film fell through and I don’t think they made a “clown” connection when casting him. I think it’s more down to his wiry physique and the fact he looks a certain way. Gaunt and a bit tragic, perhaps.

I’m only saying this because I actually think it’s good casting. He’s obvious got the acting chops and is willing to put the effort in for a more physical role. His embodiment of Pennywise proves that. And his transformation for the upcoming action film, Boy Kills World shows his dedication.

0691F57D-7DBF-4E90-ADAD-C8E2FA32C055.jpeg

• Like 1

@Drunken Monk Wasnt aware of his level of fitness, definitely does look low body fat. But I still disagree with there not being a connection between playing It and now The Crow, there will be a huge market for people to see the crow based off his performance as the It clown to people who would probably have no interest in the movie if it was just say a martial artist actor. Very well may be a great casting choice, too soon for me to have a strong opinion.

• Like 1