I'm now all done with Bruce Lee...

shukocarl1441996347

30 minutes ago, CharlieParker said:

the media and the estate projected an image of him that was somehow clean and pure and drugs were a definite no-no. The media can perhaps be forgiven, but Linda Lee a little less.

John Little is guilty too, as I mentioned back in May on another forum...

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bruceleelivestributeforum/hk-airport-photos-of-jim-coburn-bruce-raymond-chow-t4897-s10.html#p38347

• Like 1

The difference between Bruce and these rock stars like Freddie Mercury is Bruce was a tough guy.  Tough guys are the worst possible drug users because they don't think drugs can kill them.  For a comparison, look at the life of peplum actor Dan Vadis.  American actors who worked with him in peplums(like Walter Barnes and Brad Harris) said he was the best athlete in the film biz.  Vadis was a 6'4 bodybuilding, karate black belt who was the toughest guy around.  He also used and smuggled drugs.  Stepped on a rainbow at age 49 thanks to a cocktail of heroin and ethanol.  You can spot him playing a biker in those Clint Eastwood and the ape movies, and Chief Big Eagle in BRONCO BILLY.  Clint liked him.

Bruce was overtraining and doing coke.  The way John Little spins this nonsense is really offensive.  Especially considering how Little also promotes Mike Mentzer's HIT methods which are counter to Bruuuuuce's overtraining. Rather unethical, me thinks.

• Like 4

On 9/21/2022 at 12:32 PM, Killer Meteor said:

I wonder if Bruce hadn't died, Jackie would have stayed with Golden Harvest as a stuntman/supporting player for longer. He seems to abruptly leave them at the end of '73.

I've been re-reading Jackie's two memoirs to find out when and why he really left Golden Harvest in 1973. I've found one little clue that pertains to a possible collaboration between Angela Mao, Sammo Hung and Huang Feng*. In Chapter 7 of Never Grow Up, Jackie said: "When I was a nobody, I often got cursed at on set. Once, I was supposed to stand next to the female lead. My hair was long at the time, and when I hit my mark, I unconsciously flicked my hair. The director yelled cut and came over to scream at me, cursing my family back eight generations. I was stunned and ran off in tears. All the other martial artists laughed at me for crying."

"My shame turned into rage. I grabbed a wooden prop knife and was about to rush over to hack at the director - You can scold me, but why did you have to bring my mom into this? Sammo Hung, who was working on this picture, grabbed me - Are you crazy? Don't do that! The next day, I quit. After that experience, I would never use foul language at anyone on my set, and I make sure no one else on my team does either."

Bearing in mind that Jackie can only be seen in two movies directed by Huang Feng: Hapkido (1972) and The Himalayan (1976). Also, Enter the Dragon was one of the final movies that Jackie did for Golden Harvest in 1973. The other one being Lo Wei's None But the Brave (released in May 1973).

* When Taekwondo Strikes (released in September 1973). It can't have been The Tournament (released in September 1974). In a book titled Golden Harvest: Leading Change in Changing Times, it was mentioned that the latter began filming in May 1974, and was completed in July of that year. Jackie would have been in Australia during that time.

• Like 4

DragonClaws
On 9/21/2022 at 6:31 PM, dionbrother said:

The way John Little spins this nonsense is really offensive.  Especially considering how Little also promotes Mike Mentzer's HIT methods which are counter to Bruuuuuce's overtraining. Rather unethical, me thinks.

HIT was created by Arthur Jones, one of his former trainess Mike Mentzer then took it in his own direction and added some of his own ideas. Like Jeet Kune Do, there are not so man different versions. With added 'I' H,I,I,T to make it sound a bit new, but its still the same idea/approach.