Jackie Chan Collection, Vol. 1 (1976 - 1982) - Coming from Shout Factory

nahnahnah

A listing has been found for a Jackie Chan Collection coming from Shout Factory. The films haven't been announced but it will presumably have at least 7 films since there are 7 discs in the set. I will update this as soon as more details have been posted.

• Like 4

Great News!!!!!!!

Hopefully we get his early Lo Wei stuff as well as Yuen Woo Ping and his early directed films - Young Master or Fearless Hyena!!!! We need to fill in a lot of gaps in the Region A neck of the woods. It would be amazing if we got aΒ  Sammo Hung Collection as well!!!! I can't wait to see the official announcement to see which films are includedπŸ‘πŸ‘β—β—

Β 

• Like 1

Young Master and Fearless Hyena are with Criterion/Janus.Β  So I wouldn't expect those two. (Fearless Hyena 2, Spiritual Kung Fu, Half a Loaf of Kung Fu, and My Lucky Stars are also with Criterion/Janus.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vegeta84 said:

I uploaded the picture to my post.Β  Can anyone identify the films?Β Screen Shot 2022-10-30 at 8.40.36 AM.png

To Kill With Intrigue, The Big Brawl (aka Battle Creek Brawl), Dragon Fist, Shaolin Wooden Men, & Dragon Lord are presented on the cover.

I have high hopes for this one. Shout Factory did an amazing job with their Bruce Lee releases.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vegeta84 said:

What part of the film is that from?Β  I don't remember it.Β Β 

I don't remember if this exact moment is in Shaolin Wooden Men, but it's one of the promotional stills for the movie.

image.png

• Like 2

Films in this set:

THE KILLER METEORS (2.35:1, Mandarin, Cantonese, English DTS-HD Master Audio Mono, 104 min.)

A powerful nobleman believes his own wife has poisoned him. To find the elusive antidote in time and kill his evil wife, he hires his adversary, a rogue warrior known for his mastery of deadly explosive projectiles.

SHAOLIN WOODEN MEN (2.35:1, Mandarin, Cantonese, English DTS-HD Master Audio Mono, 108 min.)

An orphan traumatized into silence by the death of his father finds himself living at the Shaolin monastery ... and befriending a prisoner who teaches him a secret and deadly form of kung fu.

TO KILL WITH INTRIGUE (2.35:1, Mandarin, Cantonese, English DTS-HD Master Audio Mono, 107 min.)

A young master sends his pregnant girlfriend away from the family's castle, fearing for her safety from a vicious gang led by a vengeful woman who had her face scarred as a child by his father.

SNAKE & CRANE ARTS OF SHAOLIN (2.35:1, Mandarin, Cantonese, English DTS-HD Master Audio Mono, 101 min.)

Entrusted with the book Art Of The Snake And Crane after the mysterious disappearance of the Shaolin Masters who wrote it, a young man must fight off numerous clans to learn the true reason for the disappearance.

DRAGON FIST (2.35:1, Mandarin, Cantonese, English DTS-HD Master Audio Mono, 97 min.)

After his master is murdered, a martial arts student departs on a sacred journey to avenge him and honor his memory. But when he tracks the killer to a remote village, the evil warlord tries to blackmail him.

BATTLE CREEK BRAWL (2.39:1, English, Cantonese, Mandarin DTS-HD Master Audio Mono, 96 min.)

A man seeking fame and fortune in Chicago in the 1930s has his life turned upside-down when a merciless mobster takes his brother's fiancΓ©e hostage and forces him to enter a no-holds-barred combat tournament in Texas.

DRAGON LORD (2.39:1, Cantonese, English DTS-HD Master Audio Mono, 96 min. (Hong Kong Cut), 103 min. (Extended Cut))

A martial arts student named Dragon is in constant pursuit of romance when he runs afoul of some nefarious bandits trying to steal antiques and decides to put a stop to their plans!

• Like 6

I might end up picking this up. I have a few of the 89 Films Jackie releases but not all. If I get this, I can toss the ones I have and free up some shelf room.

• Like 4

I'll definitely be getting this. I have Dragon Lord & battle Creek Brawl on blu-ray already. But the rest I have on dvd. And those are usually dubbed, Pan & Scan versions. Except for Killer Meteors. I had it on VHS back in the day, but didn't like it so I've never bothered with an upgrade.

• Like 2

That Jackie Chan set seems like it has a lot of potential!! What's it called when you Dip 4/5x??? Like I'm a Dipshit maybe? :dull

• Haha 6

45 minutes ago, BigDruDogg said:

That Jackie Chan set seems like it has a lot of potential!! What's it called when you Dip 4/5x??? Like I'm a Dipshit maybe? :dull

Its called quintubledip

:monk_laughing:

• Haha 2

THE JACKIE CHAN COLLECTION, VOL. 1 (1976-1982) is packed with extras, read on for what's included. https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/the-jackie-chan-collection-vol-1-1976-1982?product_id=7977

DISC ONE: THE KILLER METEORS (1976)
πŸ₯‹ 2K Transfer From The Original Film Elements
πŸ₯‹ Audio: Mandarin Mono DTS-HD Master Audio With New Subtitle Translation, Mandarin 5.1 Dolby Digital, English Dub Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, English Dub 5.1 Dolby Digital, Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio
πŸ₯‹ NEW Audio Commentary With David West, Critic And Author Of Chasing Dragons: An Introduction To The Martial Arts Film
πŸ₯‹ Original Theatrical Trailer
πŸ₯‹ Still Gallery
πŸ₯‹ DRAGON LORD (1982) – Bonus Hybrid Cut (Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio)

DISC TWO: SHAOLIN WOODEN MEN (1976)
πŸ₯‹ 2K Transfer Of The Hong Kong Version From The Original Film Elements
πŸ₯‹ Audio: Mandarin Mono DTS-HD Master Audio With New Subtitle Translation, English Dub Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Alternate Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio
πŸ₯‹ NEW Audio Commentary With James Mudge, Veteran Hong Kong Film Critic At easternKicks
πŸ₯‹ Ricky Baker On Shaolin Wooden Men
πŸ₯‹ English Trailer
πŸ₯‹ Still Gallery

DISC THREE: TO KILL WITH INTRIGUE (1977)
πŸ₯‹ 2K Restoration From The Original Film Elements
πŸ₯‹ Audio: Mandarin Mono DTS-HD Master Audio With New Subtitle Translation, Mandarin 5.1 Dolby Digital, English Dub Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, English 5.1 Dolby Digital, Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Japanese Theatrical Mandarin Mono DTS-HD Master Audio
πŸ₯‹ NEW Audio Commentary With David West, Critic And Author Of Chasing Dragons: An Introduction To The Martial Arts Film
πŸ₯‹ Intriguingly Jackie – An Interview With Hong Kong Cinema Expert Ricky Baker
πŸ₯‹ Japanese Teaser Trailer
πŸ₯‹ Japanese Theatrical Trailer
πŸ₯‹ Japanese TV Spot
πŸ₯‹ Still Gallery

DISC FOUR: SNAKE AND CRANE ARTS OF SHAOLIN (1978)Β 
πŸ₯‹ Audio: Mandarin Mono DTS-HD Master Audio With New Subtitle Translation, Cantonese Stereo DTS-HD Master Audio, English Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Japanese Theatrical Mandarin Mono DTS-HD Master Audio
πŸ₯‹ Pick Your Poison – An Interview With Hong Kong Cinema Expert Ricky Baker
πŸ₯‹ Trailer
πŸ₯‹ Japanese TV Spot
πŸ₯‹ Still Gallery

DISC FIVE: DRAGON FIST (1979)
πŸ₯‹ Audio: Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, Cantonese 5.1 Dolby Digital, Mandarin Mono DTS-HD Master Audio With New Subtitle Translation, Mandarin Japanese Theatrical audio DTS-HD Master Audio, Mandarin 5.1 Dolby Digital, English Dub Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, English 5.1 Dolby Digital
πŸ₯‹ NEW Audio Commentary With James Mudge, Veteran Hong Kong Film Critic At easternKicks
πŸ₯‹ A Dragon Rules – An Interview With Writer/Journalist David West
πŸ₯‹ Japanese TV Spot
πŸ₯‹ Still Gallery

DISC SIX: BATTLE CREEK BRAWL (1980)
πŸ₯‹ Audio: English Mono DTS-HD Master Audio , English 5.1 Dolby Digital, Cantonese Stereo DTS-HD Master Audio, Mandarin Stereo DTS-HD Master Audio With New Subtitle Translation
πŸ₯‹ NEW The Golden Boy: Harvesting A Major New Martial Arts Maverick – An 85-Minute Feature Length Documentary, Exclusive To This Release, On The Sensational Seventies Emergence Of Jackie Chan Featuring Contributions From Chen Chi-Hwa (Director Of Shaolin Wooden Men), Andre Morgan (Producer of Battle Creek Brawl), Actress Kristine DeBell (Battle Creek Brawl) Lin Kuang-Yung (Actor/Stuntman, Half A Loaf Of Kung Fu), Film Critic Ricky Baker, Chinese Cinema Academic Dr Lin Fung, And more!
πŸ₯‹ NEW Interview With Kristine DeBell (2022)
πŸ₯‹ Interview With Jackie Chan
πŸ₯‹ Interview With Producer Fred Weintraub (2013)
πŸ₯‹ Interview With Actress Kristine DeBell (2013)
πŸ₯‹ Battle Hardened – An Interview With Critic And Author David West
πŸ₯‹ Rumble In The USA: Jackie Chan Takes On America – An Interview With Martial Arts Expert Ricky Baker
πŸ₯‹ Battle Creek Brawl Theatrical Trailer
πŸ₯‹ The Big Brawl Theatrical Trailer
πŸ₯‹ The Big Brawl Opening Titles
πŸ₯‹ Still Gallery

DISC SEVEN: DRAGON LORD (1982)
πŸ₯‹ Two Cuts Of The Film Restored In 2K From The Original Film Elements – The 96-Minute Hong Kong Theatrical Cut And 103-Minute Cut That Was Released In Some Territories With Approximately 15 Minutes Of Extended And Alternate Footage
πŸ₯‹ Audio (96 Minute Hong Kong Theatrical Cut): Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio With New Subtitle Translation, Alternate Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, 1982 English Mono DTS-HD Master Audio, 2003 English 5.1 Dolby Digital
πŸ₯‹ Audio (103 Minute Cut): Cantonese Mono DTS-HD Master Audio
πŸ₯‹ An Interview With Louis Sit
πŸ₯‹ An Interview With Actor Mars
πŸ₯‹ An Interview With Actor Whang In-sik
πŸ₯‹ Cantonese Trailer
πŸ₯‹ English Trailer
πŸ₯‹ Behind-The-Scenes Trailer
πŸ₯‹ Still Gallery

Pre-order: https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/the-jackie-chan-collection-vol-1-1976-1982?product_id=7977

• Like 4

• Administrator
On 11/1/2022 at 8:22 AM, AslanBey said:

Its called quintubledip

:monk_laughing:

My wife would say it's called "Bob".

Speaking of which... The 88 Films Jackie Chan releases are so damn good that I wasn't paying much attention to this release. But... it's got a few exclusive special features... Oh no! :cry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That documentary sounds amazing. Not sure if 88 have any more re-releases planned, but I'm now tempted to just pick this up instead. I've only bought Dragon Lord previously.

• Like 1

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, panzer said:

That documentary sounds amazing. Not sure if 88 have any more re-releases planned, but I'm now tempted to just pick this up instead. I've only bought Dragon Lord previously.

Hmmm... I'd be careful. Shout Factory aren't always the best when it comes to subtitles, and 88 Films usually have excellent subs. So unless you plan of watching all of these Jackie films with the English dub, you might want to wait and see what people say about the subs on this set before purchasing (and I hate to say that because I do love the company and buy the majority of their output). On the Shout Blu-ray of ALONE IN THE DARK the subs on two different scenes featuring my favorite lines from the movie were completely incorrect! Then their release of the French film BROTHERHOOD OF THE WOLF had such terrible subtitles that there was a huge backlash and they wound up fixing the subs and doing a disc replacement. I'm not worried about it, because if I buy this set, it would be for the extras, and I'd always watch the films themselves via the 88 releases.

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 2

The only thing thats interesting with this set for me is the BCB documentary. Compared to the 88Films releases they have added japanese trailers/teasers for SACAOS, Dragon Fist and To Kill With Intrigue, but these are assumed to be rereleased by 88Films and SACAOS already is and is including the extra japanese stuff. I really hope that BCB documentary is just an exclusive for now and that 88Films are able to pick it up for their rerelease. Shout is taking a lot of stuff from the 88 releases, so it would only be fair.Β 

The Dragon Lord hybrid cut is also cool and even though I like alternative cuts I have yet to see the rare extended cut so im not that intrigued for an unoffical edit. I will wait for reviews, but I think I will pass on this. (Thank god!)Β 

• Like 1

I do not have any of the Eureka Blu-ray's so this is a no brainer for meπŸ²πŸ²β— 2023 is going to be a rough year for my walletπŸ˜€πŸ˜€β— I may just only buy releases I only really want, I have been super selective lately buying my movies. I still am collecting but I have to watch my spending to make sure I get the must haves (All of them......... LOLOLOL!!!!!!)

Edited by MobFu1972
Spelling error
  • Like 1