Error4444

Yihetuan

I didn't find a thread for this relatively new boutique label specializing in Asian genre cinema on blu ray. They have a couple of CAT 3 films scheduled for release later this year but right now they have Funky Forest/Warped Forest box set for pre-order. They claim it's 75% sold out as of today, so anyone who wants in on this better order soon. I think I'll wait for the Third Windows blu ray double pack release scheduled for March since it will cheaper plus both are region free. But if you prefer the fancier artwork & overall aesthetics then this is the set to purchase.

https://error4444.bigcartel.com/product/funky-warped

Screenshot_2022-01-04 Funky Forest Warped Forest Box Set.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Some comparison before and after shots of the forthcoming blu ray releases of CAT 3 films Centipede Horror and Red Spells Red.

266114520_383217673554558_6530376090384148158_n.jpg

266620503_383217680221224_4500056202826133670_n.jpg

267037131_383217613554564_7444863113060484874_n.jpg

267135861_383217606887898_349387251636687774_n.jpg

• Like 2

sifu iron perm
On 1/5/2022 at 2:14 AM, Yihetuan said:

I didn't find a thread for this relatively new boutique label specializing in Asian genre cinema on blu ray. They have a couple of CAT 3 films scheduled for release later this year but right now they have Funky Forest/Warped Forest box set for pre-order. They claim it's 75% sold out as of today, so anyone who wants in on this better order soon. I think I'll wait for the Third Windows blu ray double pack release scheduled for March since it will cheaper plus both are region free. But if you prefer the fancier artwork & overall aesthetics then this is the set to purchase.

https://error4444.bigcartel.com/product/funky-warped

Screenshot_2022-01-04 Funky Forest Warped Forest Box Set.jpg

Pre ordered from Error.. 

• Like 2

Chemical Lemon
48 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

Pre ordered from Error.. 

how does one pre-order it? Looks like it’s not yet up for order on their site.  Unless my browsers cache isn’t clearing.

Edit

my bad, thought you were referring to the category III titles

Edited by Chemical Lemon
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 3/12/2022 at 4:25 AM, Drunken Monk said:

Error4444 have just announced two more CAT III titles: Run and Kill and Red to Kill.

Two of my favourite CAT III films!

These two films have something to offend everyone icon_biggrin.gif

Run and Kill is extremely shocking, it really can't be recommended to the easily offended. But it's also well made and has a beautiful score and superb acting performances. And a little girl so adorable you'd like to adopt her immediately. Which doesn't make it any easier to take!

Red to Kill is a lighter affair. At least if a maniac rapist killer on the loose in a hospital for the mentally challenged in a super stylish, giallo influenced thriller can be described as light!

Can't wait for these! Finally time to retire my old DVDs.

I will get Centipede Horror and Red Spells Spells Red too. I've seen Spell and didn't care for it, but maybe better print will change my mind. Never seen Centipede. I might wait a little bit with these and get them together with other titles.

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
On 3/12/2022 at 6:25 AM, Drunken Monk said:

Error4444 have just announced two more CAT III titles: Run and Kill and Red to Kill.

That's a Billy Tang double bill and a half right there. Have to echo @Takuma's statements and say both are must-see Cat III viewing, although I found 'Red to Kill' a little hard to digest (I'd actually say 'Run and Kill' is the lighter of the pair!). I reviewed both over at COF - 

Run and Kill

Red to Kill

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
32 minutes ago, shaolin swords said:

this cant be the right price for this flick lol the movies they are selling ant my cup of tea but to each there own but that price has to be typo $999,999.00 https://error4444.bigcartel.com/product/centi-red

The price is a way for them to put the movie on their site without actually putting it up for pre-ordsr. Think of it as a PRE-pre-order.

88 Films also do this.

shaolin swords
11 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

The price is a way for them to put the movie on their site without actually putting it up for pre-ordsr. Think of it as a PRE-pre-order.

88 Films also do this.

ok its just when i saw the price i was like wtf that cant be the real price 

The extras and bonus features included:

CENTIPEDE HORROR – Collector’s Edition Limited to 2,000 Units
Limited Contents:
-2 Slipcase Designs – 1,000 of each
-Booklet with Essay from the late Travis Crawford + Photos + Ad Artwork
-3 Lobby Cards
-Reproduction of original signed photo from lead actress Margaret Lee
-3 Stickers
-Double-Sided Poster
-Reversible Artwork w/ Original Mainland China VHS Art
Special Features
-2K Restoration of Uncut Film Elements [95 mins.]
-Animal Cruelty Free Cut [94 mins.]
-Predicting Ultraviolence: Hong Kong’s Category III Rating
-Spot The Difference: Centipede Horror Censorship
-Teaser Trailer
-Trailer
-Cantonese & Mandarin Audio Tracks
-New English & Mandarin Subtitles

RED SPELL SPELLS RED – Collector’s Edition Limited to 2,000 Units
Limited Contents:
-2 Slipcase Designs – 1,000 of each
-Booklet with Essay from the late Travis Crawford + New Interview with Red Spell Spells Red Director, Titus Ho + Photos + Ad Artwork
-3 Lobby Cards
-3 Stickers
-Double-Sided Poster
-Reversible Artwork w/ Original Mainland China VHS Art
Special Features
-2K Restoration of Uncut Film Elements [94 mins.]
-Animal Cruelty Free Cut [91 mins.]
How To Make A Successful Hong Kong Black Magic Film
-Teaser Trailer
-Trailer
-Cantonese & Mandarin Audio Tracks
-New English & Mandarin Subtitles

VHS Collabs with Lunchmeat VHS will be up for grabs during our pre-order.
Very limited —
50 of Centipede Horror
50 of Red Spell Spells Red
50 of Anatomia Extinction
  • Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

That's a lot of options. So if you buy Centipede Horror and Red Spell Spells Red together ($36+$36) instead of the $80 bundle deal then you get everything except the two alternate slipcovers, am I reading it right? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, De Ming Li said:

That's a lot of options. So if you buy Centipede Horror and Red Spell Spells Red together ($36+$36) instead of the $80 bundle deal then you get everything except the two alternate slipcovers, am I reading it right? 

Yes. You'd have to pick only one slipcover for both titles at 36 each. I'm not a fan of the absurd amount of bundle options, kind of like what Severin does with their releases. When it comes to Limited Edition stuff, a poster and booklet are good enough for me.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

7 minutes ago, panzer said:

Yes. You'd have to pick only one slipcover for both titles at 36 each. I'm not a fan of the absurd amount of bundle options, kind of like what Severin does with their releases. When it comes to Limited Edition stuff, a poster and booklet are good enough for me.

Thanks. I'll just get them both for $72 as long as all the disc contents with all the extras are there.

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure I'm going to order the Limited Centipede + Red Nikko bundle. I think the comics are going to be pretty cool if just for novelty's sake.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

• Administrator

I ordered the 2 movies together with the extra 2 slipcases. I'd have liked the big bundle with comics and other goodies, but didn't want to spend that much.

It looks like they've really put quite a lot into these releases. I spoke with one of the team; he's a nice dude, a very enthusiastic fan of the films, and has all great intentions for the company's releases. I wish them great success. If you KFFF brothers and sisters could spread the word about them everywhere, since they're so new, that would be great. There are tons of people that are unaware of their existence, but would love Blu-rays of these movies.

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

This kind of movies aren't for me, but if they plan to release some obscure wuxia or kung fu movies, maybe I could reconsider...

• Like 2

I don't think I'd really be too interested in their offerings so far, but I enjoyed the conversation (and their enthusiasm) with the guys behind he label here:

Edited by bickle14
  • Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Drunken Monk

Error 4444 have just announced Fatal TerminationChallenge of the Lady NinjaThrilling Bloody Sword and The Imperial Sword Killing the Devil.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Error 4444 have just announced Fatal TerminationChallenge of the Lady NinjaThrilling Bloody Sword and The Imperial Sword Killing the Devil.

That's more interesting titles for me !

• Like 3