List New Releases of Classic Kung Fu Movies

WhiteTiger1

I was sitting here on the computer searching for new Remasters of Classic Kung Fu movies or adding anything new to my collection. I thought? Why not make it more easier for everyone by posting all new Kung Fu Classic movie releases on this post so it will help others!! It would make it easier for all of us to buy these type movies. And we would not have to go searching everywhere to find out what's new. I just thought it would help!!Since I like many others check this forum out everyday. Why not search while we are spending time here. If it helps then that is a positive for all of us. I live in the U.S.A. And would like to know what Rare Classic Kung Fu movies I can buy in Germany/China/UK/ Etc.. I remember Linn saying in one of my post about Blood of the Dragon was being remastered it would be nice to come to this site and see a date of it's release.

I'll start adding any I find and hope others will follow.:)

• Like 1

Graeme Noble

For pre-order, Heroes of the East aka Shaolin Challenges Ninja, is being released by Dragon Dynasty in a few months time - now that is one movie everyone should get!

Maybe I should've posted this in the Shaw section

The Chinese Godfather was made right around the time of Bruce Lee's death. His mistress, Ting Pei, was featured in a major role here. Chan Wai Man was also on board and the film is an indie basher.

I own a copy of this film on VHS, and never enjoyed viewing simply because of the terrible color palate and overall poor video. If it is remastered, I would love to take a peek to see it in a clean, pristine format.

• Like 1

The Chinese Godfather was made right around the time of Bruce Lee's death. His mistress, Ting Pei, was featured in a major role here. Chan Wai Man was also on board and the film is an indie basher.

I own a copy of this film on VHS, and never enjoyed viewing simply because of the terrible color palate and overall poor video. If it is remastered, I would love to take a peek to see it in a clean, pristine format.

I purchased this last night and it is far from pristine. Its a very dark washed out print but it seems to be OAR at least. Overall it was not a good film either. Horrible editing, fights were not not good even for 1973(final fight was decent).Cheng Lui played a good vilan and Chan Man Wei is always entertaining but overall not a good release. Hopefully Duel Of Karate will be better(the other title on the double feature)

Great seeing someone restarting a thread like this, nice to be able to see what is coming out. gfanikf started a thread like this and kept it up to date for awhile, but sadly it slowly became a dead thread. I think he lost interest and didn't have time once his blog page took off :)

3/4/2008 Amazons Vs. Supermen

10/30/2008 Lady Kung Fu (Dragon Dynasty)

10/30/2008 Snake And Crane Arts Of Shaolin (Dragon Dynasty)

10/30/2008 Shaolin Wooden Men (Dragon Dynasty):)

3/4/2008 Amazons Vs. Supermen

10/30/2008 Lady Kung Fu (Dragon Dynasty)

10/30/2008 Snake And Crane Arts Of Shaolin (Dragon Dynasty)

10/30/2008 Shaolin Wooden Men (Dragon Dynasty):)

:):):)

Have these been confirmed by DD, though? Do we know if this is accurate?

• Like 1

Carter Wong's THE 8 MASTERS has been released in Germany in a double-Feature Set as DER BRONZESCHWUR DER SHAOLIN. it has the 78 min Cinema print in 2.35 (16:9) which is missing lots of Dialogue, and the uncut 91 min Version (1.33). Both Versions have German, English and Mandarin Audio Options and German Subtitles. there are 3 Cover Designs to choose from.

Guest WuxiaFan
I thought Hapkido was coming waaaay sooner than that.... Son of a.....!!!!

HKL's version of Hapkido is excellent. You ought to check it out.

I think what sonia means is that some people prefer the term martial arts, as there are many different styles and schools.

lets get this thread moving again with some updates!

Invincible Pole Fighter/8 Diagram Pole Fighter (DD) -pre order

Kid with the Golden Arm (Tokyo Shock) -available now

Crippled Avengers/Return of the Five Deadly Venoms (DD) -pre order

Duel of the Iron Fist (funimation) -pre order

Return of the One Armed Swordsman (DD) available now

Invincible Shaolin (funimation) -pre order

anyone got anything else?

muppetdanny