List New Releases of Classic Kung Fu Movies

WhiteTiger1

Let us hope that it gets the full treatments we are used to these days and hopefully a multiple cut package.

Any experience with Signal One?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WaverBoy said:

This release will be pointless unless it contains a reconstruction of the real film.

I agree. If it doesn't contain multiple cuts, I will pass and continue to wait.

• Like 3

Disappointed that MWCF didn't wind up in the hands of Eureka, 88, or Arrow.  Here's hoping they get all three(?) cuts of the movie on there.  Bare minimum, if it's a decent quality transfer of Cub Tiger, it'll be an instant purchase for me. Been waiting on that forever.

• Like 2

Signal One have been around for a few years,they've had financial difficulties a couple of times but seemingly still around.They released a few 20th century fox movies.Their releases are usually delayed so i'd take any announced release date for these with a pinch of salt. Likely jumping on the 88/Eureka bandwagon, i'll pick up Edge Of Fury to replace my asia line DVD,MWCF will see,likely to be the same as the german one i reckon.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, saltysam said:

Signal One have been around for a few years,they've had financial difficulties a couple of times but seemingly still around.They released a few 20th century fox movies.Their releases are usually delayed so i'd take any announced release date for these with a pinch of salt. Likely jumping on the 88/Eureka bandwagon, i'll pick up Edge Of Fury to replace my asia line DVD,MWCF will see,likely to be the same as the german one i reckon.

What's the general consensus on the quality of their blu rays? I know it's not a martial arts film in the strictest sense but I'm actually anticipating their release of Terence Young's Red Sun too.

Well Go USA are releasing Ip Man and Ip Man 2 on 4K in November.

I’d love to upgrade but I’m pretty sure their 4K of Ip Man 4 wasn’t that impressive. Or am I wrong? Hopefully these will be solid transfers.

18 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Well Go USA are releasing Ip Man and Ip Man 2 on 4K in November.

I’d love to upgrade but I’m pretty sure their 4K of Ip Man 4 wasn’t that impressive. Or am I wrong? Hopefully these will be solid transfers.

I just realized that this isn’t exciting news since they’ve been out in a 4K box-set for quite some time. Oops.

Also, they’re upscales. Ignore me!

1 hour ago, saltysam said:

Probably just a rerelease of the Dragon Dynasty transfers 

I was looking at both releases the other day, and aspects of the main features were rather sub-par (ropey subtitles; downmixed and hybrid audio; video with field blending). The artwork on ‘The Tai-Chi Master’ is also risible. They’re over a decade old and shouldn’t be rehashed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rubber John said:

Anyone familiar with Ronin Flix and their work?
Are they region specific?

Their release of Hardware is fantastic but this cover art does not give me good vibes. Looks like a budget release for them and not something they whipped up a new transfer & extensive features for. I, at least, hope they include original audio and new translations if they retain the old masters.

They're region A company, but I don't believe they've ever released anything region free.

Edited by panzer
  • Like 2

On 10/27/2022 at 1:56 PM, Ronin said:

Ronin Flix to distribute Blu-ray for Jet Li Double Feature ‘Fist of Legend’ and ‘Tai Chi Master’ co-starring Michelle Yeoh

https://cityonfire.com/ronin-flix-to-release-blu-ray-for-jet-li-double-feature-that-includes-fist-of-legend-and-tai-chi-master-co-starring-michelle-yeoh/

Have they been remastered from the DVD version? 

• Like 2