What are your latest DVD/Blu-ray purchases?

venoms5

Yihetuan
9 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Picked up a copy of The Lost Boys, that claims to have special features. Only to put the disc in and find out its only got a trailer, no commentary or extras. Ill pay more in travel than the disc even worth to get a refund, do companies just put false slipcovers over releases now?.

It says all available Warner Home Video blu ray versions have the audio commentary including the UK release which I'm assuming is the one you got? So is this info on dvdcompare inaccurate?

https://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=13401

• Like 2

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, kuenfist said:

Please tell us about the picture quality of DR. Lamb i want to buy this too.

So I decided to watch this tonight since my plans to go out changed at the last minute. I can say don't expect a pristine print due to the source material. There is light speckle throughout and some print damage albeit very minimal. There are some NSFW screencaps here that will give you an idea of the PQ.

https://severed-cinema.com/dr-lamb-uncut-and-uncensored-review-from-unearthed-films/

I enjoyed the extras especially the one with producer, director Gilbert Po aka Biu Ga-chun. His honesty is refreshing when he says Korean and Japanese horror boom have left HK behind and it doesn't have the same universal appeal. The old Atomic TV footage with Simon Yam is pretty cringy though but that's due to the emcee/host.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Drunken Monk

4K of Tenebrae from Synapse films, Running Out of Time 1&2 from Eureka and the hardcover of The Last Ronin.

01DEC387-7554-4F26-A2DF-C96ADF093093.jpeg

• Like 5

kuenfist
On 8/3/2022 at 7:18 AM, Yihetuan said:

So I decided to watch this tonight since my plans to go out changed at the last minute. I can say don't expect a pristine print due to the source material. There is light speckle throughout and some print damage albeit very minimal. There are some NSFW screencaps here that will give you an idea of the PQ.

https://severed-cinema.com/dr-lamb-uncut-and-uncensored-review-from-unearthed-films/

I enjoyed the extras especially the one with producer, director Gilbert Po aka Biu Ga-chun. His honesty is refreshing when he says Korean and Japanese horror boom have left HK behind and it doesn't have the same universal appeal. The old Atomic TV footage with Simon Yam is pretty cringy though but that's due to the emcee/host.

Thank you very much now i must buy this CAT3 sucker. Saw this movie last time about 25 years ago.

• Like 1

kuenfist
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

4K of Tenebrae from Synapse films, Running Out of Time 1&2 from Eureka and the hardcover of The Last Ronin.

01DEC387-7554-4F26-A2DF-C96ADF093093.jpeg

I got the Arrow release of Tenebrae 4K and this is amazing.

Edited by kuenfist
writing errors
  • Like 1

TheFlyingPanda
Posted (edited)

A few from the last couple of deliveries. 

IMG_2725-2 copy.jpg

IMG_2726 copy.jpg

Edited by TheFlyingPanda
Too Large
  • Like 7

Visiting Finland for the first time in three years, picking up stuff I had ordered there over the past few years.

suomi.jpg
(all are BDs, despite some being in DVD size cases)

• Like 3

De Ming Li
Posted (edited)

one blu ray from Gold Ninja Video and two blu rays from 88 Films

IMG_3459.jpg

Edited by De Ming Li
  • Like 6

I've bought a good bit of stuff since I last posted. From the Criterion B&N sale I got Stalker, After Life, Brighter Summef Day, Being John Malkovich,  and Kiss Me Deadly. Drive My Car and Devil in a Blue Dress (4K) pre-orders also arrived. Picked up Smokey and The Bandit, The Thing, The Sting, Raiders of The Lost Ark, Turning Red, and The Untouchables all on 4K. Lastly grabbed the blu ray James Bond collection since it is so cheap now.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

@TibetanWhiteCrane

There is two versions on the disc, a WS version taken off Youtube that is pretty bad, picture freezes here and there and has pixels here and there. The Fullscreen is OK but I don't know what version your comparing it with.

This weeks mail

IMG_20220812_111607_873.jpg

• Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane
1 hour ago, Django said:

@TibetanWhiteCrane

There is two versions on the disc, a WS version taken off Youtube that is pretty bad, picture freezes here and there and has pixels here and there. The Fullscreen is OK but I don't know what version your comparing it with.

Ok, so that's a big fat no. Thanks.

• Like 1