What are your latest DVD/Blu-ray/UHD purchases?

From Arrows Christmas Shop Of Horrors sale £40 including tracked delivery. Was considering Shawscope 2 but price tag now imo does not meet standard of movies. Vol 1 was so much better but well to each his own.

13808827-1294953410975430.jpg

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, De Ming Li said:

Ebola Syndrome blu ray from 88 Films and a new blu ray from Discotek

IMG_3608.jpg

Oh nice. I got a dvd rip of Legend of Dinosaurs off Nyaa last year. Any special features of the blu De Ming Li?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Oh nice. I got a dvd rip of Legend of Dinosaurs off Nyaa last year. Any special features of the blu De Ming Li?

No unfortunately it's just a bare bones release, like most other releases from Discotek. I'm happy to have something like this on blu ray though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, De Ming Li said:

No unfortunately it's just a bare bones release, like most other releases from Discotek. I'm happy to have something like this on blu ray 

The DVD rip on nyaa is 480p. Any idea if it's remastered or just a dvd to blu transfer? 

Years ago when I was a child, I remember a film where the dinosaurs climbed up fortification walls, but set underground. It could be either Journey to the centre of the earth or The land that time forgot. I just can't remember.

An American movie, not Asian. 

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 2

On 10/25/2022 at 11:00 PM, Yggdrasil said:

Watching The Seventh Curse. All I'll say is when the film started, I had no idea what I was in for. Paused at the 30 min mark to type this.

20221025_160126.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yggdrasil said:

Loved the Seventh Curse. Watched the HK cut first before listening to the Arne & Mike commentary on the export cut. While listening, they mentioned the director of this was the same one as The Story of Ricky, The Cat (never heard of it), many other films and Saga of the Phoenix.

So I'm thinking...mmm, that sounds familiar. So it should. I have it on Chinese DVD. While digging it out I noticed Yuen Biao starred. 

As he one of the 'Three Brothers', I tended to get Sammo films first, not so much of Jackie and even less of Yuen. I gave up on HKL releasing Chinese movies, so resorted to movies direct from HK via a mail order shop in London.

I noticed it's been released on Asian blu but I wonder if our Western companies would release this with a pukka cover. 

What's the chances? 

16707066063931632874235688955346.jpg

• Like 2

The Way of the Dragon JP Ultimate Edition for the extended Japanese cut of the film.

I’m not a steel book collector, but these look beautiful and were only $13 each. Both UHD.
Edited by Takuma
  • Like 6

Ju-on Grudge collection from Arrow via Amazon arrived today. Not really a poster fan, but that Grudge poster is worthy to be framed. 

I had no idea that Arrow would release the whole set. A worthy replacement for my Asian copies plus one official Korean DVD.

20221212_161956.jpg

20221212_161944.jpg

20221212_161312.jpg

20221212_161255.jpg

• Like 5

Just ordered a ton of koch shaw bros titles. All for just under 50 quid including postage. Any thoughts on what i should watch first? 

Magnificent ruffians

Boxers rebellion

Lion vs lion

Emperor and his brother

Heroes shed no tears

Proud twins

Savage 5

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Red Lion said:

Just ordered a ton of koch shaw bros titles. All for just under 50 quid including postage. Any thoughts on what i should watch first? 

Magnificent ruffians

Boxers rebellion

Lion vs lion

Emperor and his brother

Heroes shed no tears

Proud twins

Savage 5

Only recognise Heroes shed no tears because I recently watched it last week. Thought it was better than Eastern Condors.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Red Lion said:

Magnificent ruffians

Boxers rebellion

Lion vs lion

Emperor and his brother

Heroes shed no tears

Proud twins

Savage 5

It depends if you want to start from best or worst(if get multiple titles from same genre at once I save potentially best for last).I will rank those like;

1.Boxers rebellion
2.Magnificent ruffians
3.Savage 5
4.Proud twins
5.Heroes shed no tears
6.Lion vs lion
7.Emperor and his brother

Edited by ChillyChong
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

The video store near my house is finally starting to sell off its catalog. Here is my first haul: 

IMG-20221212-WA0005.jpg

I bought the Matrix 4k earlier in the year and binged watched them all in a day. Brilliant movies. Now I understand it, having only watched them once each years apart. 

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Found all these at the Dollar Tree! Been wanting to watch Hardcore Henry for a long time. I also been meaning to pick up Glass, so I’m happy to have got it so cheap. Haphazard looks pretty interesting. Its been a bit since I’ve seen an MA movie, so I’m hoping it will scratch that itch. I got Terminal because it had Margot Robbie and Simon Pegg in it. Finally, I got Capone because I love Mafia/Gangster movies. 

3A9F7C7D-54D2-4D6F-80E7-E4C288E0BEE1.jpeg

B9653637-EEEE-48CE-9604-CE2A6A33F3A6.jpeg

DD620F94-B958-49BC-A735-D2E7CB1240A4.jpeg

77530CF1-D996-4C82-ACA7-0D1088E9352D.jpeg

50255796-F201-4CD2-A4D6-6F684D76A01B.jpeg

• Like 5